Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
788 Posts
If I wasn't getting a Whipple I would get one of these with all 3 scoops. It was a tough decision as I really wanted a "Max Air" scoop but I also wanted a supercharger. I think their induction set up for these hoods is awesome but won't work with a supercharger.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
I've had 3 R/Ts and the Hellcat. My '12 R/T and my '13 R/T had those nice 2 scoops further back which did dump a little cool air into the engine compartment after I replaced the blanks with real rubber scoops through the hood. My '15 R/T had the 2 smaller further forward scoops that only had a tiny hole where air could get through. I didn't like those so much. My '16 HC, of course, has the single center scoop which I REALLY like for looks and ventilation. Personally, I'm not so keen on the newer double scoop HCs. And, I don't really care which models have which hoods. It's all fine with me.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
It is available ... I posted a link to where to buy one in post #15.

Sorry if I took the conversation off track. I was replying to Cruiser's post that referenced wanting a T/A hood that mimics what the Challengers had in the '70s.
No worries - as I mentioned; I’m cool with it. And thanks for the link in your previous comment. I don’t usually click on links in discussions but your’s is certainly right on the money! Thanks!

·
Registered
214 Posts
You bring up a lot of good points!
1. Not bragging, but my original ‘10 RT had scoops which dumped cold air into the engine compartment. Not as good as into the air intake but still something worthwhile. My current 392 TA has a functional ram air scoop.
2. Yes, the Hyper Black (II?) rims are on many models; including my car.
3. Not sure if wider tires and wheels are an “up badge;” that seems like more of a day 2 mod - at least back in the day. If it is an up badge then I’m guilty because I have the same size wheels and tires as a Hellcat! But the car proudly screams ‘TA’ so shouldn’t be any confusion.
To keep straying I was trying to make the point that the Hellcat brass monkey wheel and I guess the Demon wheels are about the only thing that I associate with a higher priced/powered model wheel wise. The Hyper Black 2s width and look make it an appealing upgrade in my case and while I don't think going wider is necessarily an up badge possibly using the Hellcat/Demon ones might sort of be. Sort of back on topic, the fact that you can add the Hellcat airbox and access the headlight opening in any 2015+ vehicle is pretty decent of Dodge and is likely a better option than changing a hood unless purely for aesthetic reasons (not convinced it will do much for a 5.7 but will likely sound better... sort of like turning the air filter cover upside down back in the day). Not sure I'm not preaching to the choir, but yes, a TA should have an old school TA hood (if nothing else at least as an option).

·
Registered
9 Posts
2c.
My priorities are:
1. How do they look from the drivers seat.
2. How much do they block your view when parking and etc.
3. How do they look from the outside.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We seem to be straying slightly off track with a secondary discussion on “proper” old-school TA hoods. This has been discussed elsewhere but I’m cool with it. As I commented before, they came out with something “close” back in 2010 with the MOPAR 10 edition. Is that hood still available through MOPAR parts for those of you wanting a snorkel hood? While you’re at it, can we get the trumpet exhaust tips that exit out the front of the rear wheel wells?:p
View attachment 275095
Hi, tried doing the IM with you but they won’t let me send more than one message.
In this black photo you posted, what hood is this? It looks similar to that on a car I’m considering purchasing and they say it’s factory but I don’t see that on the window sticker. It’s a 2016 RT plus at foxvalleybuickgmc. My concern would be with something after market.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
54,461 Posts
Hi, tried doing the IM with you but they won’t let me send more than one message.
In this black photo you posted, what hood is this? It looks similar to that on a car I’m considering purchasing and they say it’s factory but I don’t see that on the window sticker. It’s a 2016 RT plus at foxvalleybuickgmc. My concern would be with something after market.
It did not come from the factory with that hood, Mopar did offer a hood similar to that, I can not tell if it is that or an aftermarket.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It did not come from the factory with that hood, Mopar did offer a hood similar to that, I can not tell if it is that or an aftermarket.
Thanks! That’s what I thought as well but the dealership was saying something else. I didn’t see anything on the window sticker either.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Wow - really? Did you see my response on the conversation? Do you know how to do that? Anyway, I said the same thing that DodgeGuy posted. Not from the factory like that although it is probably a Mopar part. So if you like it - go for it!

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT
77 Posts
I understand where you come from. My 16 Challenger has the regular hood and I honestly like it a lot. My 19 Durango RT has the SRT scoop hood on it. I love how it does but I was a bit bummed to see you could get that same hood on a V6 Durango as well as an option. The fact that it wasn't exclusive to the V8 models was a bit of a disappointment. However, I know there are plenty of people out there who could just do it themselves anyway, so I'm not that upset. I still have the hemi noise to separate myself.👍

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
This conversation seems to be all over the place.. But, I concur with many of the things said, and options available.

The day I bought my 2016 Scat Pack; I asked them to Replace the OEM Classic Two Scoop Challenger Hood with the AAR 'Cuda Hood / SRT8 Hood, and have it Painted the color of my car (B5 Blue). I keep the original hood in the garage, just in case I decide to buy and savage an early model (2008, 2009, 2010, 2012...).

Those of you that know me, also know that's just what I do. LOL

I did the same thing on my Brand New 2009 Challenger R/T when I bought the Cervini Shaker & Hood back in 2009.

And, converted it into a 1971 'Cuda Tribute edition.

Now, I have 2 OEM two Scoop Hoods in my garage (a 2009 & 2016), as well as 2 OEM Fenders, Nose Clip and various other pieces to probably build a scrapped Challenger. LOL

Enjoy The RIDE..
(It's ALL about the 'Bean-Counters" NOT the Car-Guys with Stellantis)

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
9,970 Posts
This conversation seems to be all over the place.. But, I concur with many of the things said, and options available.

The day I bought my 2016 Scat Pack; I asked them to Replace the OEM Classic Two Scoop Challenger Hood with the AAR 'Cuda Hood / SRT8 Hood, and have it Painted the color of my car (B5 Blue). I keep the original hood in the garage, just in case I decide to buy and savage an early model (2008, 2009, 2010, 2012...).
View attachment 275224
Those of you that know me, also know that's just what I do. LOL

I did the same thing on my Brand New 2009 Challenger R/T when I bought the Cervini Shaker & Hood back in 2009.
View attachment 275223

And, converted it into a 1971 'Cuda Tribute edition.
View attachment 275215

View attachment 275216

Now, I have 2 OEM two Scoop Hoods in my garage (a 2009 & 2016), as well as 2 OEM Fenders, Nose Clip and various other pieces to probably build a scrapped Challenger. LOL

Enjoy The RIDE..
(It's ALL about the 'Bean-Counters" NOT the Car-Guys with Stellantis)
I've seen both of Tony's Challengers at Mopar events and they look as badassed in the sheetmetal as they do in the pics! (y)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Let me preface these comments by saying I totally respect any trim level of
Challenger and think they all look great! Now that I have that out of the way...

I own a 2018 Challenger TA 392 and one of the things that attracted me was the cool single hood scoop. Kind of set it apart from the other versions of Challengers except for the SRT8’s from whom they borrowed this hood.
But now, it seems like the single hood scoop (does it have a name?) has replaced the Ralley Scoops hood as the default choice for almost all trim levels - of which I last counted, were over 15 variants. Yes, I know that the Hellcat hood was soon adapted by SRT8s and as mentioned previously, the SRT8s also had the single scoop before the TAs came along. But I’m a bit miffed that 90% of the new cars (I’m guessing at the number by going with trim level sales) will have the same scoop I have. Thus -it is no longer unique.

Again - not meaning to insult anyone. Just venting a little and as some would say: “don’t you have anything more important about which to worry?”
I too have an '18 T/A and what's unique is T/As have a FUNCTIONAL cool single hood scoop straight from the factory. I look at it like they combined the AAR Cuda hood with the T/A.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
OK - that tears it! I just saw a Durango today with my hood - which was formerly only on SRT8s and TAs! So, I suppose if they were still making the Neon or Dart, they would put our hood on it, too?:confused:

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
LOL
Once again... I just can't LEAVE well-enough-alone. LOL

It was 3 months after getting my RAM 1500 that I replaced the OEM Hood with this Sport Hood (Challenger Style). AND... Since I was in the Modifying Mood I changed my Front & Rear Bumpers to the Body Color Code, and replaced the Chrome RAM Badges with BLACK BADGES.

LOL
I'm loving the Look.

Enjoy The RIDE...

Modify to YOUR HEARTS CONTENT.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
9,970 Posts
LOL
Once again... I just can't LEAVE well-enough-alone. LOL

It was 3 months after getting my RAM 1500 that I replaced the OEM Hood with this Sport Hood (Challenger Style). AND... Since I was in the Modifying Mood I changed my Front & Rear Bumpers to the Body Color Code, and replaced the Chrome RAM Badges with BLACK BADGES.

LOL
I'm loving the Look.

View attachment 275563

Enjoy The RIDE...

Modify to YOUR HEARTS CONTENT.
Upbadger... :mad:

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT
77 Posts
OK - that tears it! I just saw a Durango today with my hood - which was formerly only on SRT8s and TAs! So, I suppose if they were still making the Neon or Dart, they would put our hood on it, too?:confused:
Boy you'd LOVE my Durango then😅. Not sure if it's adding insult to injury but I bought some POC15 caliper paint to do the fronts up real nice.

Reactions: moparX2
21 - 40 of 43 Posts