Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick search here and didn't find it.

is it easy to do? I've had my 09 for over 2 months now and finally tried to spin the tires and the traction controls are on.

also I seen while scrolling through my menu it said something about economy setting.

is there a way to adjust a stock 09 performance with what it came with?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
In the Tips and Tricks Site of the Forum you can do the Key trick to completely disable the traction control and smoke the tires off the rims. In my R/T, I have the traction control button that I push and place my car in the auto-stick mode and power brake. The Traction control does not completely turn off in the earlier R/T's unless you do the key trick. However, you must remember to watch your RPM's or you can do damage since you have disabled the Rescue Mode as well.
I think '11 and later models you can completely disable the Traction Control by simply pushing and holding the button till you hear the 'Ding" sound. Lou.

·
Registered
22,648 Posts
You can turn traction control off (well mostly off) by using the so called key trick as mentioned above, you can also turn it partially off (if you have an automatic) by pushing in the traction control button. Manual transmission cars I believe have the ability to turn it off with just pushing the button to be equivalent of using the key trick.

However, if you have an automatic and you want the traction control all the way off at the touch of a button (and you don't have to be moving as with the key trick) you can install the No ESP switch. It is a relatively straight forward install that only costs about $50, you can read more about it at this link: http://www.challengerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=85944

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill check that out,

as far as I know my 09 has never spun the tires. it was bought new by a lady and when I bought it from her she said she never had it over 80 MPH and babied it. I believe her.

mine don't have a traction control button that I've ever seen?

anyway, I'll figure it out my one any only burn out will be coming soon!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
You can spin the tires with the T/C on, but it spins them a lot better with it off. You DO have a traction control button, it's right next to the w way flasher button.

·
12,989 Posts
Ill check that out,

as far as I know my 09 has never spun the tires. it was bought new by a lady and when I bought it from her she said she never had it over 80 MPH and babied it. I believe her.

Thanks!

If thats the case You might want to do a #2 fuse pull too.

·
Registered
22,648 Posts

Thanks!
Yes you do have a traction control button, you just aren't recognizing it as such or haven't looked hard enough for it. First look at the owners manual under Electronic Stability Control or ESC. Everyone calls it traction control but it will be listed as I just stated. There you will find a description of it and how to operate it.

The button is located just above the front of you center console and below your climate control knobs. You will see a bank of buttons that include your hazard light button and the electronic stability control button. It may say ESC or just show a picture of a car and some squiggly lines behind it. That is your traction control button.

In 2009 the automatic cars can only turn it 50% off with the button unless you do as I previously posted and install a No ESP switch for about $50. See this link: http://www.challengerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=85944

You can also turn it mostly off with the Key trick (do a search, lots of info on this). You can also turn it off with the diablo sport tuner.

But you do have a button, so I'd say find it and try it at 50% off then do the key trick and try that. Good luck and let us know how you make out. :smileup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes sir you were right.
it was right there under my nose LOL.

I wondered what the ESC button was for.

I did the key trick and it showed ESC off, hit the ESC button and the indicator came on. so I'm all set. Still no burn out yet.

now I have to figure out what #2 fuse does.

Thank You!

·
12,989 Posts
yes sir you were right.
it was right there under my nose LOL.

I wondered what the ESC button was for.

I did the key trick and it showed ESC off, hit the ESC button and the indicator came on. so I'm all set. Still no burn out yet.

now I have to figure out what #2 fuse does.

Thank You!

The #2 fuse resets the cars computer which is good if the car has been granny driven, then the computer will adapt to your style of driving. If you do this then go out and do some spirited driving and you should feel a difference.

·
12,989 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll do that next time I drive it.

I have noticed it doesn't seem to acceleration as well the past month. I baby the car too.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Take off the skirt and punch it! lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts