Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, does anyone know if it’s possible to put a newer front bumper on my 09 srt? And or if there is a why to make it work? Same with the rear bumper/ diffuser? Any advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Company called retroUSA has got these...
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Hood
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive design

The pics don't look to bad... Gives it that "retro" look... Looks like they'll fit 08-12 models.

Reactions: Colton

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hey guys, does anyone know if it’s possible to put a newer front bumper on my 09 srt? And or if there is a why to make it work? Same with the rear bumper/ diffuser? Any advice is appreciated!
Yes it is possible to do because the 2009 and the 2015+ Challengers have the same fenders (dimension wise) with the same attachment points. However the problem you will get into is the lights, you have to change those too because he plastic grills that go in the 2015 are completely different with the top grill is actually shorter as is the lights. The biggest issue? The architecture of the electrical system is totally different for the lights. Someone made a conversion but I have not seen a set made for sale anywhere. Honestly once you figure he cost of all the components you need plus repainting the fascias to match you would be better off just trading in your '09 for a 2015. Unless of course you really love the older interior and just have sentimental attachment to you current ride.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think Luke can help you with that at Steve White
Yes it is possible to do because the 2009 and the 2015+ Challengers have the same fenders (dimension wise) with the same attachment points. However the problem you will get into is the lights, you have to change those too because he plastic grills that go in the 2015 are completely different with the top grill is actually shorter as is the lights. The biggest issue? The architecture of the electrical system is totally different for the lights. Someone made a conversion but I have not seen a set made for sale anywhere. Honestly once you figure he cost of all the components you need plus repainting the fascias to match you would be better off just trading in your '09 for a 2015. Unless of course you really love the older interior and just have sentimental attachment to you current ride.
Hahah I see, thanks for the advice!

·
SoCal canyon carver
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
48 Posts
Actually yes, it can be done. I have a friend who has replaced his damaged front end (2012 Challenger RT) with all the bolt-on pieces from a 2017 392 TA, that was rear-ended/totaled. He located and ordered “pigtails” from someone on the east coast, which is said to successfully connect the headlights and fog lights so they’ll work. I’ll respond back once it’s completed and on the road.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
56,118 Posts
Rear bumper will take a whole lot of work as the quarter panels are different. I think.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Rear bumper will take a whole lot of work as the quarter panels are different. I think.
No, the quarter panels are the same on every single Challenger from 2008-2018 except that in 2015 the inner rear wheel flange was rolled but that has nothing to do with the rear fascia.

Reactions: broham71

·
Registered
1 Posts
So you’re saying it’s possible to put a 2015 lower rear fascia on a 2010? I really like the look of the 2015 lower rear bumper and I’m about to put a dual exhaust on

1 - 12 of 12 Posts