Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m at home taking care of some things and all of a sudden the lights come on and I realize it has been 10 years ago this month I retired from Uncle Sam’s Army! First of all it doesn’t seem that long ago, almost surreal as if it was last year. I sat down and started reminiscing with the wife about the last 30 years and came to the conclusion we have been around and have enjoyed, seen, and experienced so many wonderful things together. OK now I’m feeling mature, but not old yet, LOL! :att:

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
I've noticed that you don't advertise your age but I guess you have to be at least 47!

I, myself will retire from the Army next year.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts
While I never served, growing up in a Navy/USMC town and later going to high school near a USMC Air Station, and then working nearly my entire career in aviation manufacturing and IT in collaboration with the military programs leaves me with a deep appreciation for those who serve and have served.

Congrats!

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Indeed, I salute you and all whom have served. I have the utmost respect for those who have or do! My Dad served our Navy for more than 30 years and my Brother in the Marines for 20! Bravo Zulu gentleman!

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
Moved your thread to a more appropiate area, Thank you for your service brother !

·
Premium Member
21,689 Posts
Those ten years went pretty fast I'm sure.
Congratulations. :smileup:

·
Registered
131 Posts
10 Years Ago I Retired from Military!

Hi, Challengerfan56; I was at the dealer today and asked about the Military discount from Chrysler??? He said I Do Not qualify, they only have discounts for recesant Veterans who served in the last 2yrs. I thought once a Veteran always a Veteran ??? :smiledown: DOUG PS: Congrats on your retirement; E N J O Y !!!! :smileup:

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Bob & Tim (and D Shaker too!) - thank you all for your service to our country!!!

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Hi, Challengerfan56; I was at the dealer today and asked about the Military discount from Chrysler??? He said I Do Not qualify, they only have discounts for recesant Veterans who served in the last 2yrs. I thought once a Veteran always a Veteran ??? :smiledown: DOUG PS: Congrats on your retirement; E N J O Y !!!! :smileup:

D - just noticed on your profile you are in Manheim PA???? I was just there this past weekend! The girls travel VB team I coach was at an all weekend long tournament in Spooky Nook just down the way from you. We stayed in a hotel in Manheim - nice place!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Congrats brother, wait until the 15 years hits you. Life does go by fast you must enjoy it as much as you can.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,566 Posts
I’m at home taking care of some things and all of a sudden the lights come on and I realize it has been 10 years ago this month I retired from Uncle Sam’s Army! First of all it doesn’t seem that long ago, almost surreal as if it was last year. I sat down and started reminiscing with the wife about the last 30 years and came to the conclusion we have been around and have enjoyed, seen, and experienced so many wonderful things together. OK now I’m feeling mature, but not old yet, LOL! :att:
Bob, congratulations! Im sure that was a very big part of your life! Thank You for your Service!

·
12,990 Posts
Thanks for your service Bob.

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
I've never been in the military myself, but I do work in Federal Law Enforcement with many people who are or have been in the military for many years. We talk and they tell me alot of stuff. Most say that that today's military isn't the way it was ten years ago. A change for the worse in their opinions. Sad. :sad:

Thanks for your service too pal!

(BTW, if I could go back in time, I think I'd join the Navy or Air Force). :smileup:

:4-wavey:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi, ply67cuda; You were that close to me , about 1/4 mile away!! That Spooky Nook Sports Complex is a big hit & a home run for this area. Did you park at Roots Farm Market & get shuttled by busses to the Complex ??? Glad you liked your visit ; I hope to maybe see you the next time your up this way!! DOUG :smileup:

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Hi, ply67cuda; You were that close to me , about 1/4 mile away!! That Spooky Nook Sports Complex is a big hit & a home run for this area. Did you park at Roots Farm Market & get shuttled by busses to the Complex ??? Glad you liked your visit ; I hope to maybe see you the next time your up this way!! DOUG :smileup:

Doug, wish I knew in advance - would have found a way to sneak out Saturday night to meet ya! I am planning on doing the Gettysburg run in April, so maybe we'll connect then?.....

Yeah, I did the Roots Farm Market drill on Saturday (what a PITA!) b/c we had a late pool start. On Sunday we were in an early pool so I was able to park our team van in the main complex. Once the SN complex finishes all of their parking mods it should be fine, though...

The complex is really cool though - they have done a fantastic job in that place. Other than parking, the only thing they need to get is more food outlets inside the building - too few for the number of people in the building.

Hope to see ya soon - Andres

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've noticed that you don't advertise your age but I guess you have to be at least 47!

I, myself will retire from the Army next year.
Tim, I will just keep you guessing, LOL! Thank you for your continued service to our Nation! :wavey:

want to thank you both for your service to our great country !
Thank you very much! :smileup:

While I never served, growing up in a Navy/USMC town and later going to high school near a USMC Air Station, and then working nearly my entire career in aviation manufacturing and IT in collaboration with the military programs leaves me with a deep appreciation for those who serve and have served.

Congrats!
John, Thank you for the deep appreciation and the Congratulations! :smileup:

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Indeed, I salute you and all whom have served. I have the utmost respect for those who have or do! My Dad served our Navy for more than 30 years and my Brother in the Marines for 20! Bravo Zulu gentleman!
Thank you for the compliments and a Heart Felt Salute to your Dad and Brother!

Moved your thread to a more appropiate area, Thank you for your service brother !
Tom, thank you Sir!

Those ten years went pretty fast I'm sure.
Congratulations. :smileup:
Mike, thank you and I'm figuring you are speaking from experience! Thank you for your Service as well!

Hmmm, that is rather bazaar. There are a lot of business that offer a Military Discount and there isn't a time limit for when when you served. Maybe take it up the chain to a co-owner or manager. Thank you for the congratulations and I am enjoying it!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts