Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Read about this on another forum but apparently some 100th anniversary cars were built with the shaker package added. My impression is less than ten of these cars were made. While I'm not one to worry about my car's long term value I'd have to think some of these are going to be worth cash in the long run.

Take it easy
Jay

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=2C3CDYBT9EH278717

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've thought these numbered shakers might hold some value, not mine because I am going to drive the $&(+ out of it.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,485 Posts
Wow, now that would be so cool to get one of those!! I definitely agree that it could be worth some chips someday. But I would be like Firemut30, I would drive the &*(^ out of it!!

·
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL yeah I hear you both I'd have a lot of trouble spending that kind of money to monthball it and store it for 20 years. I just think it's amazing that dealers managed to slip a few of these into the system before what I think is a bug was found in the ordering system and then that they were able to insist that they be built since the cars had already been paid for.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
I think I read somewhere that one dealership had five of those, but it's only worth more if someone is willing to pay more for it. With the Shaker being a standard option going forward in 2015 I'm not sure that they will necessarily be instant collector items. On the other hand you only have to find five or ten folks willing to pay more for them so who knows.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think I read somewhere that one dealership had five of those, but it's only worth more if someone is willing to pay more for it. With the Shaker being a standard option going forward in 2015 I'm not sure that they will necessarily be instant collector items. On the other hand you only have to find five or ten folks willing to pay more for them so who knows.
it should be for the 2014's as this was not standard its a special edition so if a collector wanted to get this design and year lets say 30 years from now since these are technically the first offering and numbered it might be.. the 2015's will not be numbered as its an option going forward. the 2014 is limited to some 1000 of these being made for north america i could be wrong on the total number i read that on the pamphlet the dealer had.

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Will they be significantly worth more than if someone with a Anniversary car, bought the Shaker parts from Chrysler and added them? I wouldn't think so, really. I know "factory" means a lot on some cars but I can't imagine that there'd be too much difference if you added factory parts, that are mostly cosmetic, to the base special version car.

But like Jon said, all you have to do is find one sucker that thinks there's a significant difference and is willing to pay for it.

Personally, if I had a 100th car and added the Shaker parts, I'd consider it just as factory as these handful. It's not on the sticker, sure, but it's identical in the end.

·
Registered
575 Posts
These newer Challengers wont be collector's for many many years if then...
Well, in that case, I have to ask... Which of today's cars, if any, do you believe WILL be future (affordable) collector cars?

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
TikiMan, that is not true. If you look at the trend of muscle cars from the late 80's and early 90's (all be it not too many) even those pieces of crap are starting to be collectable. These are true works of art, both ascetically and mechanically. The special edition and first year cars will be PLENTY collectable, you watch.

All that being said, mine will have 350,000 miles on it by the time it would have been worth anything :)

I think some other good future collectibles that are affordable will be the new Small benz, The 4 door mini coopers, the new Chevy SS, the Rams fitted with the Cummings systems, I think they will be collector items too.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Petty's Garage just got a black with red interior 100th anniversary shaker car.
that looks good i love the seats in 100th vs the ones that come in the shaker edition mine have the orange writing and stitching but that kinda used reddish leather there looks sweet.

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT-8
8,110 Posts
Petty's Garage just got a black with red interior 100th anniversary shaker car.
That's one of the ones from Daytona Dodge probably getting some work done,Petty sells his modded stuff thru them.

·
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm having heads, cam exhaust suspension shifter... done. Cant wait to pick it up:smileup:
Looks like a sweet ride enjoy her.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anniversary

Sure will thanks. Finally pulled the trigger on one. Have wanted on since the 08's came out. Have a 69 SIXPACK BEE that I don't drive enough. Can't wait to try the modern muscle!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I like the "cloud" leather better then a solid red. Saw a red shaker with red(solid) interior, was a little much. A black exterior keeps the red tones on the interior down a little, much more tolerable.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I tried to order one like that and couldn't do it...at any price!! That color combo with the shaker package is one of the best!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts