Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey y'all, quick question for you.

the last few months my car has been averaging about 12.4 mpg. I have installed long tube headers, a cat back and at 85 mm TB. After the install my mpg was still staying above 20 mpg. I believe (as I was deployed for about a year) that it all started dropping around the time that Trinity came up with the 09 update.

Has anyone else been having anything like this? I am curious if it is something mechanical for some reason, or software related (as it was about the time of the update I'm going with software).

Just seeing if anyone else had this dilemma. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
389 Posts
There are a ton of variables to MPG. My RT averages 13-14 because 90% of my driving is less than 5 mile trips in a hilly area. My work is 1 mile away:).

My buddy at work averages 20+ because his driving is 90 miles of freeway roundtrip daily.

I dont know anything about the trinity update but make sure you look at the cars operation and see if that has changed at all too.

Good luck!

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,686 Posts
hey y'all, quick question for you.

the last few months my car has been averaging about 12.4 mpg. I have installed long tube headers, a cat back and at 85 mm TB. After the install my mpg was still staying above 20 mpg. I believe (as I was deployed for about a year) that it all started dropping around the time that Trinity came up with the 09 update.

Has anyone else been having anything like this? I am curious if it is something mechanical for some reason, or software related (as it was about the time of the update I'm going with software).

Just seeing if anyone else had this dilemma. Thanks in advance!
Can you reload your stock tune and test it for mileage?

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,727 Posts
Can you reload your stock tune and test it for mileage?
I don't think with his mods that would be a good idea.Probably better to contact Diablo first.

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
What tune are you running ? I use 93 octane but with the 91 tune because I get better results mileage and performance wise.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey everyone! I been playing with it and it seems like a mix between the tune and the type of driving I was doing. Originally while I was in Washington, the driving was more freeway than here in Texas. Also, I was running a modified stock tune where I now am running a 91 Cai performance. Seems to be making it run better. The heavy foot idea was good but I have always had the same lead foot with both the 21 mpf and the 12. Lastly I worked the 2096 issue and it hasn't come back, leaving me to believe the car was over compensating. Thanks for your insights! It's been holding at about 17 mpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts