Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
it's very possible

So your average mph is 65...but the chances of you driving 65mph for 20h in a row? :naughty:
this is very possible.
say you stop 4 times for gas and that takes a total of 1 hour
those are the only times you stop
then for 20-1=19 hours you need to drive 1302 miles or avg. 68
looking at the route from TX to LV, driving 70+ all the time looks to be very achievable
I've done runs like this several times over the years

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
I did 1,012 miles from Tampa to Atlanta and back to pick up a motorcycle one day. What a long drive.

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
I did over 1600 miles in 2.5 days in April. Bought a car in California and drove it to Missouri. Loved those wide open stretches of highway in the desert. Since my car is white, it really did feel like "Vanishing Point!"

But not to hijack your thread - you did a marathon! We only drove for 26 hours; took rest breaks at hotels.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice! I used to go with my brother from D.C. to Flagstaff, AZ in two days with a quick motel stop in Tulsa. As much as muscle cars are fun from 1st to 3rd there's something to be said about humming along in 6th with the radio playing something good.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,411 Posts
I do a lot of highway miles where I live, in fact hardly anything else. As some of you know, I do road trips and it never gets old. I don't get as tired for some reason driving the Challenger as I did other cars. Today I will make a 70 mile round trip, just to buy groceries!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I go from Maryland to west central Wisconsin every year for our family reunion. Just over 1200 miles in around 18 hours. Longest trip ever was from Yuma, AZ to Baltimore, MD in 42 hours. Boy to be young enough again to do that.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hey Bane next reunion you should stop in West Allis (Milwaukee County) for a bite to eat or something to drink. The wife and I would love to see your car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts