Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

Premium Member
Any day now... any day 馃槾
I think it is...Two summers ago, I wasn't really serious and just wanted to see if I could land a killer deal and waiting to pay down my Mustang more. Last summer I actually test drove a few and almost bought a couple of them, but they were not perfect with options and then last fall I almost ordered one, but then thought I better wait and see what the 20's have to offer. This past spring I was about ready, but then I hit a snag with my credit and the virus situation hit. Now, I'm re-thinking the trim I want and still could go with one of a few trims. In the back of my mind I'm also kind of want to know what the 400z will have to offer before committing or maybe wait and see what the 2022 Challenger has in store for the next gen Challenger.

BTW, I did just find almost the perfect optioned 1320 in SS (at least as good as you can go with that trim) with everything I wanted except for maybe the carbon and suede package. They are only listing it with the PD rebate and its also a half day drive. I did take a day off work next week so I will have several days off in a row (which rarely happens) so I could take a road trip later in the week if it sounds like this dealer wants to negotiate. But I had been thinking, it may be better to get one from a local dealer even if I had to order at only 1% under invoice so that if I have to take it in for anything, I could get a loaner and possibly a discount on service work, ect.
decisions , decisions, Have you checked out the New Mach 1.......馃ぃ

Reactions: OrangeCrush392

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
Yeah, that does look interesting, but more than likely will be around 50k for the base one. IDK, it will probably be a tad quicker than the scat and would be cheaper for me out of pocket as I already have a 2nd set of wheels for the winter. But I've had 3 Mustangs and really wanted something different with more torque off the line and I've always liked the body style of the Challenger and love the new sinamon stick and gold rush colors.

I'm more interested in the 400Z if it ends up looking more like the 240Z like they say without the ugly sharp lines of the current model. If it has the rumored twin turbo six with 400hp and is anything like the new Supra (underrated big time power wise), it should be quick, a lot better on gas mileage and much easier to mod for more power compared to the 6.4. I kind of want to wait and see what the next gen Challenger will be like too as some weight saving would be nice, but who knows and not sure if it will be in 22 or 23. By that time my Mustang will be paid off, but could start running into major maint. issues on it as it already has started to have some things stop working and my main warranty ran out.

IDK, maybe I should just choose the best option and take the plunge as there will always be something better coming out. But then again, I haven't kept a car this long before in a long time and never had a 0% interest loan and have some decent equity built up right now that should continue to improve as long as nothing major happens.

Premium Member
What's the point of getting a 1320 and loading it down with options? This model is designed to burn down the drag strip. That's the purpose of the rear seat delete and removing the passenger seat. Save your money, get a regular Challenger and stick the 1320 emblems on the side. Loading down a 1320 is like drag racing a Cadillac Sedan DeVille with a V6 engine.
-John

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
I wasn't going to load it down with options. I was just planning on adding the HK and the plus package and might as well get all the seats if I get that package (can always take them out later). I was kind of thinking of getting the rear seat delete at least, but that may hurt resale if I ever trade it in so I don't know. As far as cost, when I did a build of what I would want with the 1320 compared to a regular scat, the 1320 was actually over 2k less. I think its because it doesn't force you to get the driver convenience group with it and if I were to get the regular scat, I would most likely get the dynamics package, adaptive damping and brass monkey wheels and I was thinking of adding the shaker again recently and that's another 2.5k (at that point, I might as well get the WB). So really the 1320 is a good deal for what you get. But yeah, I like the looks of the regular scat with the options I mentioned better. But if I ever take it to the track, it will never be quite as fast as the 1320 without spending a ton of money on upgrades that came with the 1320 to start with. Plus I want something that will at least keep up with the new Mach 1 stock.

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
As I was searching though some Youtube videos, I found one with a stock 1320 do 0-60 in 3.7 and that was full weight with all the seats and a passenger! Nice, but that guy on Raiti's rides sure likes the widebody and it does sound like it may be the best DD of the trims. I've heard its a little faster than the regular scat too, but can't seem to find any real times.

Registered
It seems what you need to do is figure out what you want out of a car, you're talking challenger, 400z, mustang, supra etc etc, well to cross shop a challenger with a z car is not right, the z car is a sports car and the challenger is a muscle car, one is for going around corners and the other is for cruising and straight line racing, do you need a back seat because z cars are 2 seaters, a 400hp twin turbo 6 probably isn't going to be any better on fuel than a 6.4 with an 8 speed, are you racing it because if not the 1320 is a waste of money, you are also taking wide body and wanting to drive in the winter etc etc, figure out what you want the car for and the purpose for having it and that will narrow down what you want, also you clearly aren't all that serious about buying something, you say you've been looking for a couple years and then almost ordered one but wanted to wait and see what the next year offers and also talking about maybe waiting for the 400z that may come out in 2 years, well they are saying a new challenger in 23 so might as well wait

Premium Member
It seems what you need to do is figure out what you want out of a car, you're talking challenger, 400z, mustang, supra etc etc, well to cross shop a challenger with a z car is not right, the z car is a sports car and the challenger is a muscle car, one is for going around corners and the other is for cruising and straight line racing, do you need a back seat because z cars are 2 seaters, a 400hp twin turbo 6 probably isn't going to be any better on fuel than a 6.4 with an 8 speed, are you racing it because if not the 1320 is a waste of money, you are also taking wide body and wanting to drive in the winter etc etc, figure out what you want the car for and the purpose for having it and that will narrow down what you want, also you clearly aren't all that serious about buying something, you say you've been looking for a couple years and then almost ordered one but wanted to wait and see what the next year offers and also talking about maybe waiting for the 400z that may come out in 2 years, well they are saying a new challenger in 23 so might as well wait
I would wait until 2028 when the Challenger is supposed to be nuclear powered and runs the 1/4 mile in 1.8 seconds.
-John

Registered
I worked with a guy for 28 years. Every year was the year he was going to get a new Corvette. He still don't have one.
-John
There are lots of them, must be crazy frustrating to be a sales guy and deal with someone for hours or possibly days and weeks and have them go, well i'm going to wait until next year

Registered
2015 SRT 392
I worked with a guy for 28 years. Every year was the year he was going to get a new Corvette. He still don't have one.
-John

I was kinda that way with my SRT 392 Challenger....I have wanted one since they hit the floor in 2015, and had been talking about them and telling people I was gonna get one.

Got so bad, they would just roll their eyes and say just do it !!

Well, when I finally got one, none of them believed me until I drove up in it.....

Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
I was kinda that way with my SRT 392 Challenger....I have wanted one since the hit the floor in 2015, and had been talkign about them and telling people I was gonna get one.

Got so bad, they would just roll their eyes and say just do it !!

Well, when I finally got one, none of them believed me until I drove up in it.....
At least YOU knew WHAT you wanted!

Registered
Discussion Starter #36
The reason I'm considering the Z is I'm single and don't really need a back seat that's one reason I was thinking of getting the rear seat delete if I got the Challenger, but then again you never know when you may have passengers and it may not be worth as much in trade in. If the Nissan is anything like the Supra, it gets 24 city and 31 highway mileage and that's pretty good in my opinion. The 1320 just looks like a good deal with what you get in the package and is a rare car and who knows, I may start going to the track as I could use a new hobby. As far as taking my time deciding, I've had a habit of trading in too soon in the past. My past four new cars were only between 1.5-3 years old when I traded them in and I only broke even on them so its like I was basically leasing for the past 10 years or so and I wanted to be smarter this time and have some equity built up (which I do, but the longer I pay down on my current 0% interest loan, the better my equity will be). BTW, I just may take a road trip Friday to check out a loaded Sinamon Stick shaker. Its not exactly how I would build it, but is close and they are discounting it over 9k off. Depending on what they offer for my trade and the interest rate, it may be my next car.

Registered
I've never seen anyone who is as indecisive as Medsport is. Going back to when I bought my car in 7/18, he's been "I've been thinking about...but what about...". Wow. I hope you never have to make an important medical decision in a hurry. I don't see how he can just not decide what he wants to do! Buy a ___. What engine and trans? What options? And then buy the damn thing!!!

Reactions: TITANIUM
21 - 40 of 54 Posts