Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
You love giving me crap don't you? For your information, I may be putting the car shopping on hold for awhile as I've started looking for houses. This is an even harder decision and may or may not be doable at the moment as I don't know the best route to get mine looking more presentable to get sold without losing too much equity and try to find a place that is acceptable at around the same time if possible.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
The reason I'm considering the Z is I'm single and don't really need a back seat that's one reason I was thinking of getting the rear seat delete if I got the Challenger, but then again you never know when you may have passengers and it may not be worth as much in trade in. If the Nissan is anything like the Supra, it gets 24 city and 31 highway mileage and that's pretty good in my opinion. The 1320 just looks like a good deal with what you get in the package and is a rare car and who knows, I may start going to the track as I could use a new hobby. As far as taking my time deciding, I've had a habit of trading in too soon in the past. My past four new cars were only between 1.5-3 years old when I traded them in and I only broke even on them so its like I was basically leasing for the past 10 years or so and I wanted to be smarter this time and have some equity built up (which I do, but the longer I pay down on my current 0% interest loan, the better my equity will be). BTW, I just may take a road trip Friday to check out a loaded Sinamon Stick shaker. Its not exactly how I would build it, but is close and they are discounting it over 9k off. Depending on what they offer for my trade and the interest rate, it may be my next car.
sir, you keep talking about resale, you do realize that you track your car, it hurts resale. if you get the rear seat delete option, it will be loud as hell being that the rear seat acts like a baffle to muffle the sound. you say you are single, but that you might transport people some day. just get a caddy cts-v. as for the mileage thing, i get between 22-25 on the highway, and thats with my lead foot. cruising between 75 and 90, depending on traffic. raiti, in my opinion, is getting paid, like all of the youtubers are, to rep for the car company. your point on speed between the 1320 and the scat, how good of a racer are you? i am not knocking you sir, but, like was posted, you are all over the place in car choices. and we have all traded in our cars to early, too late or not at all. if you are that worried about it, get a used one.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
You love giving me crap don't you? For your information, I may be putting the car shopping on hold for awhile as I've started looking for houses. This is an even harder decision and may or may not be doable at the moment as I don't know the best route to get mine looking more presentable to get sold without losing too much equity and try to find a place that is acceptable at around the same time if possible.
I admit it, I do, but I've never seen someone agonize over a purchase before. I would love to be able to see you looking at houses, but sadly, I can't. I bet it would be amazing.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Ok who’s this guy? Is he for real? 2 whole freaking years I’m annoyed reading this bs, get the car or any car live life and enjoy the car whichever one or go sit somewhere Jesus Christ!!!!! What a waste of time reading this bs. I’m thinking he’s being serious until I get to the been looking for two years, this has to be a joke I’m not getting.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
The reason I'm considering the Z is I'm single and don't really need a back seat that's one reason I was thinking of getting the rear seat delete if I got the Challenger, but then again you never know when you may have passengers and it may not be worth as much in trade in. If the Nissan is anything like the Supra, it gets 24 city and 31 highway mileage and that's pretty good in my opinion. The 1320 just looks like a good deal with what you get in the package and is a rare car and who knows, I may start going to the track as I could use a new hobby. As far as taking my time deciding, I've had a habit of trading in too soon in the past. My past four new cars were only between 1.5-3 years old when I traded them in and I only broke even on them so its like I was basically leasing for the past 10 years or so and I wanted to be smarter this time and have some equity built up (which I do, but the longer I pay down on my current 0% interest loan, the better my equity will be). BTW, I just may take a road trip Friday to check out a loaded Sinamon Stick shaker. Its not exactly how I would build it, but is close and they are discounting it over 9k off. Depending on what they offer for my trade and the interest rate, it may be my next car.
This guy is trolling

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I don't know if he's trolling, or he's a younger version of my stepdad (Only married to mom a few months)who agonized over buying a new TV for about a year. His pension check from the military was $4000 a month, and he owed nothing to anyone, so a $500 TV was not a big deal, right? Oh no, wrong! He would stop at places to look at TVs, again and again, and I would ask him, "Did you buy a TV yet John?". His stammering and stuttering answer every time made me laugh, "I I uh uh, I just don't want to make a mistake, uh uh uh, you know?". And when he finally did buy that TV, he bought the very first one we had looked at together, almost exactly a year earlier. He would spend way too much time and effort deciding to buy shoes, clothes, and even meat for dinner! The steak thing was the last straw, he wanted her to wait to buy a steak at the BX because it was a buck cheaper and she finally realized he was just too cheap and decision challenged for her (His first wife, my mom's cousin, made ALL his decisions for him), and that was it.

·
Registered
703 Posts
It’s a mental issue. Maybe it’s the money. I feel sorry for him but he lost me when he started talking about a 400Z! Now it’s a house. Will it be a new home built to order or a preowned? Designing a house can be very stressful! Wonder what color he is looking for? Formica, granite or quartz counter tops? Dark or light colors. Stainless or black stainless appliances. The stainless always shows your prints and is hard to clean. What’s the budget? Does he know they will raise the property tax in his county/city as soon as he closes on it? Maybe a townhouse with a garage would suit? How thin are the walls? Do the neighbors have kids...baby or toddlers? Wow!

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT-8
7,897 Posts
It’s a mental issue. Maybe it’s the money. I feel sorry for him but he lost me when he started talking about a 400Z! Now it’s a house. Will it be a new home built to order or a preowned? Designing a house can be very stressful! Wonder what color he is looking for? Formica, granite or quartz counter tops? Dark or light colors. Stainless or black stainless appliances. The stainless always shows your prints and is hard to clean. What’s the budget? Does he know they will raise the property tax in his county/city as soon as he closes on it? Maybe a townhouse with a garage would suit? How thin are the walls? Do the neighbors have kids...baby or toddlers? Wow!
200 (1).gif

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
You think he's having problems making a decision? Damn! I'm torn between a used F16 fighter jet and a moth balled space shuttle. I mean, NASA is practically giving them away since Obama canceled the program in 2012. Trying to make this decision is destroying my entire life. What should I do?
-John

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
i know that there might be a nuclear sub or two on ebay. i know of one on etsy, but it has all this frou frou lacing on the dashboard

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
haha. Yeah, it was a money issue back then. But now that I can afford it easier, I started thinking maybe I should get a house with a garage first. I recently found one that looks decent, but its in another town and I'd rather stay in the one I'm in. It looks like a good buy and is about 5 miles closer to work. But I like the shopping and gym in this town so it would be a little more driving for those and is a little further from my parents house. It is kind of small though and has a shared garage, but probably all I need since I'm single and should be more economical than my 2 story with older windows and furnace that's on its last legs. It does need a little work, but not a lot. The inside is pretty nice. It mostly will need siding at some point as it has got painted wood on the outside. It is even older than mine, but the foundation and plumbing are in much better shape. The other downside is it doesn't have central air and will need a fridge and washer/dryer. I do have those now, but it would be a pain to move them and they are kind of old anyway. I'm thinking of putting an offer in, but there are a couple others I'm thinking about too although they are about 40k more and would be pushing my budget to the max and would most likely make it difficult to get the new car if I went with one of those. I probably could do it by extending the mortgage to a 30 year instead of the 20 I was thinking of with the cheaper place. IDK, I keep thinking the minute I put an offer in, another one will pop up that is better. I also keep going back and forth should I get the car now and look for a house over the winter or spring which would give me time to paint my house myself to save some money. But then again a newer car most likely would lower the amount I can get approved for.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
2,981 Posts
My Goodness...this thread needs a Decision Map to help you make the right choice!! :)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I finally found a nice house guys! Its not in my current town, but is in a small town about 10 miles away. It would not be as convenient for shopping and going to the gym, but is closer to work so total drive distance should even out. It is on the smaller size and is also an older house, but is completed updated inside and would be fine for me. It has all new stainless appliances (except for washer and dryer). Only two small bedrooms, but nice closets, 1.5 baths, a fireplace (first for me), sump pumps in the basement, central air, new wiring and plumbing, bonus rooms upstairs that could be turned into bedrooms if needed and another room downstairs with a built in desk. Attached garage which is partially finished, but doesn't look like too much to insulate the other side to be able to have a heated area later. The only things that are kind of weird is the hookup to the washer and dryer is between the kitchen and dining room and the dining room is very small with barely enough room for a small table. I also heard the cops are picky in that area so I would have to watch my speed until out in the country. It sounds like the seller is willing to work with me until I get my house listed and sold too. It is a little more pricey than I originally wanted and would have to do a 30 year instead of the 20 year mortgage I wanted to do. But the taxes are decent and the payments should only be about 25-30 more than I'm paying now with the home equity. IDK, I really should do it but the only thing that makes me pause is I only have 8 years left on the current mortgage and hate to start over at 50. But then again, interest rates are super low and I could always pay extra (if I don't try to pay the car down sooner first).

41 - 55 of 55 Posts