Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what everyone's opinion is regarding the two.

Wondering if I'm suffering from the Grass is greener syndrome and should I have gone with a 1320.

I was leery about another M6 since the 19 scat I owned had a poor M6 in it, notchy and argumentative. This one is the opposite (very good) but the 21 shaker with the a8 I had was faster than both.

(I've had 5 Challengers in the past 3 years, I get bored lol)

I've been driving by a dealer with a black 1320 and it looks sharp.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have done a bunch of searching myself between 1320 and scat. I am still working through buying process but decided on scat shaker.

My decision was because of the anti theft device aka 6speed.

The muscle look of shaker 6speed.

And potential maintaine with the drag tires ect.

I think either car is great just need to sit down and sole search.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I jumped into my Wide body because the dealer gave me MSRP on my trade (5k net for me) and 0 percent financing.

I wasn't thrilled about the M6 but it's grown on me and has the rare gold rush paint.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T SP WB M6
272 Posts
I went WB because i do more than just straight line. While this car is big and heavy the WB still handles very well vs non WB.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Well, the wide bodies look great but don't have the retro look of the old Challenger. For me it's old school, no wide body. The same thing kinda happened with the newer Mustangs. They look awesome but look less and less like a retro Mustang.

·
Premium Member
20,660 Posts
At first I wasn’t a fan of the wide body, but it grew on me after seeing it in person several times.
After owning an ‘09 R/T for 12 yrs., the WB looked like a modern, badass version while still retaining the old school look especially with the shaker hood. That combined with 485 hp checked all of the boxes for me.
Decide what works for you.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
3,737 Posts
At first I wasn’t a fan of the wide body, but it grew on me after seeing it in person several times.
After owning an ‘09 R/T for 12 yrs., the WB looked like a modern, badass version while still retaining the old school look especially with the shaker hood. That combined with 485 hp checked all of the boxes for me.
Decide what works for you.

View attachment 293446
Seems we tend to agree. Not sure why.....;)
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
418 Posts
to me the widebody kicks butt in most every category, im not hung up on the flares they don't bother me at all, the only reason id go with a 1320 is if it were going to be used as a drag car on a regular biases.

for me there is no reason not to go widebody, enjoy the handling and traction

Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Widebody
226 Posts
to me the widebody kicks butt in most every category, im not hung up on the flares they don't bother me at all, the only reason id go with a 1320 is if it were going to be used as a drag car on a regular biases.

for me there is no reason not to go widebody, enjoy the handling and traction

View attachment 293449
Never sat behind the Shaker but I still love how it looks. Damn.

ETA: I went widebody. Wheels, tires, suspension. and I like the way it looks. 1320 is still cool though, i'm not a hater lol

·
Premium Member
3,737 Posts
"sat behind the Shaker"

It's even cooler from the drivers seat! :cool:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Definitely widebody, that’s what I went with. All black TA 392 widebody, just got the windows ceramic tinted and car ppfed on the front and ceramic coated all over ( windows, paint, wrap, trim and wheels ) had them put the rokblok mudguards on and Luxe tint on side and back reflectors and reverse lights. picking it up Monday.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Depends on what you want out of the car. Drag strip and looking to compete? Then 1320. If you just want something cool for the street and meet ups and the old school cool factor, then you absolutely want a widebody scat pack shaker. But I’m a bit partial. ;)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wanted a shaker Wide body or a 1320. Tried for black but there was only the gold rush one I have now available, and for a good price.

I can't help but still look lol for a black one.

·
Premium Member
3,737 Posts
I wanted a shaker Wide body or a 1320. Tried for black but there was only the gold rush one I have now available, and for a good price.

I can't help but still look lol for a black one.
Gold Rush is beautiful. You did good! IMO.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.