Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,448 Posts
Be patient and you will find exactly what you want. Color is important. If there are a couple of colors you like,that's one thing,but don't convince yourself to settle on a car unless you like it. JMO.

·
Registered
17 Posts
if your desires are to not be beat from a red light, then the 1320 is your answer.
if you want to maximize your return when it comes to selling it, the 1320 is your choice.
if you are heading to the drag strip, then the 1320 is what you are after.

the widebody has the stance, the bigger tires, looks awesome, and will handle the curves much better than the 1320.
Oh yeah, the widebody has back seats...just in case that is "of interest" to anyone :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I like my wide body very much :)

I was torn at the dealership, that or a Sinnamon Stick 1320 optioned just the way I wanted.

I knew regardless of my choice, I'd wonder if I chose correctly.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392 T/A 6 speed
302 Posts
To me the WB looks better on the Charger and "tacked on" on the Challenger.
Exactly! If I were to buy a Charger, it would be a "widebody". The Challenger is a "retro" styled car and the fender flares take away from that look.

As for a widebody vs. a 1320, unless I was drag racing all the time, I would say neither. I gotta have a manual transmission, so I'd go Scat Pack Shaker or 392 T/A with a Tremec TR-6060.

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
3,071 Posts
Exactly! If I were to buy a Charger, it would be a "widebody". The Challenger is a "retro" styled car and the fender flares take away from that look.

As for a widebody vs. a 1320, unless I was drag racing all the time, I would say neither. I gotta have a manual transmission, so I'd go Scat Pack Shaker or 392 T/A with a Tremec TR-6060.
To me, the 4 door sedan look of the Charger is far more insulting to the "Muscle Car" lineage than any non-homogeneous fender flares of the Challenger. The WB brings allot more to the party than just the flares!

Reactions: MIDNITE RT

·
Registered
383 Posts
if your desires are to not be beat from a red light, then the 1320 is your answer.
if you want to maximize your return when it comes to selling it, the 1320 is your choice.
if you are heading to the drag strip, then the 1320 is what you are after.

the widebody has the stance, the bigger tires, looks awesome, and will handle the curves much better than the 1320.
Oh yeah, the widebody has back seats...just in case that is "of interest" to anyone :)
I’m likely a minority but I don’t think a 1320 will beat a widebody much or at all off a light on the street.
a factory 1320 will for sure have traction issues on the street,it will have traction issues on a prepped track. Traction being the limiting factor I don’t think on a street surface there would be much difference between the cars.
If the cars are rolling at say 50 mph and pin it I also think they would be pretty much neck and neck so buy what you like best if just using as a street cruiser

·
Registered
163 Posts
I like my wide body very much :)

I was torn at the dealership, that or a Sinnamon Stick 1320 optioned just the way I wanted.

I knew regardless of my choice, I'd wonder if I chose correctly.
I'd take Sinamon Stick in any flavor! That color is Gorgeous!

As far as answering your original question, it depends on what you expect from your car and how you drive it. As mentioned earlier, straight line goes to the 1320 and handling goes to the Widebody.

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
3,071 Posts
I’m likely a minority but I don’t think a 1320 will beat a widebody much or at all off a light on the street.
a factory 1320 will for sure have traction issues on the street,it will have traction issues on a prepped track. Traction being the limiting factor I don’t think on a street surface there would be much difference between the cars.
If the cars are rolling at say 50 mph and pin it I also think they would be pretty much neck and neck so buy what you like best if just using as a street cruiser
And the WB still has the handling advantage. Better all around package. IMO.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts