Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Me, as of Monday. Traded my 2018 T/A Plus on a Frostbite 1320 with Plus package.

Gave up a sunroof and Harmon Kardon audio, gained 110HP and an amazing amount of giddy-up out of the hole. It just sits and gits, squirts out like it's AWD, except the nose is pointing towards the sky when the hammer drops. I haven't stopped grinning yet, it's the most fun I've had in a Mopar, and I've been behind the wheel of many a Scat, and a few Cats.

Heck, when I bought my loaded out 5.7 T/A, I actually passed on a new and thousands cheaper '18 Scat Pack A8 (low-spec with 245s) because it was such a tire-burner (and I'm not a fan of Houndstooth).

The 1320 only burns when you want it to, from a dig on pavement it might haze a bit, but doesn't use the first three gears spinning, it uses them to accelerate. With the tires showing the off-the-truck factory-fill 38 PSI warmed up, 85 degree Central Florida day, on regular asphalt, I've already put down consistent 3.8 to 3.9 0-60 times (according to the EVIC) in Drag mode with TC still on, and the trans brake and launch control can't even be used yet (I'll fix that this weekend!), plus that tire pressure was too high, even for the street.

It also rides nice. Nicer than my old cushy '18 SXT Plus, and a lot nicer than my '18 T/A with the stiff Performance Handling Group setup. It's a little floatier than the T/A, a little more pitch and roll when cornering or braking, but still planted and responsive. And frankly, I don't need a canyon carver in flat Florida, but a softer daily driver is appreciated.

· Registered
1,336 Posts
Thanks for the review. Awesome 0-60 times out of the gate. I'm assuming that is just power braking and not using the trans brake yet? BTW, did you get all the seats? I've been going back and forth between getting a WB, 50th, loaded regular SP or 1320 and I think I finally decided to get this trim. Now I just have to wait until I close on my new house and make sure the payments are not going to be that bad.

· Registered
9 Posts
Power braking? The 3.8-3.9 0-60 times are just me coming off the brake stopped at idle and going to the fun pedal with my right foot. Left foot just hung out on the dead pedal. Keep in mind the numbers came from the EVIC (dash display) timer and could have been on a slope (or incline), take that for what it's worth.

Mine came with all the seats and the Plus package (heated/cooled seat hardware), Tech, Convenience, Alpine, Perf spoiler.. About as heavy as it comes, only lacking a sunroof and Harmon Kardon system to totally max weight it.

· Registered
9 Posts
Mine was ordered for the lot. I do miss the HK in my T/A, don't miss the sunroof at all, but the spoiler is growing on me...almost worth it alone for the angled backup camera that lets me see the bumper. As for colors, Frostbite didn't do much for me when I first saw it in person, it doesn't "pop" like B5, but it's growing on me as I see it in more lighting conditions.

· Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
10 Posts
I traded in a 2016 shaker scat with 6 speed manual for my 2019 1320. The first thing that sold me was TRACTION. something I could never get with my shaker. My best 0-60 in the shaker was 4.2 and that was traction limited. My best in my 1320 is 3.6!! And it wasn't even broken in yet. So no transbrake at the time. I now have only 5600 miles on it and I consistently get 3.8 on the street with regular pressure in the tires. (32ish lbs) I simply love the 1320.

· Registered
43 Posts
Also you forgot to mention that a 2020 scat pack wide body comes with 305 tires.. Which are a bit bigger than 275 tires of course you do not get drag radials. Also I put in a mahle air filter into my hellcat air box, they are suppose to have more air flow than the k& n filter. just a thought for you.. I am very happy with my 2020 scat wide body, indigo blue. nice video s ... thanks

· Registered
170 Posts
For other 1320 owners - Did you get the Drive Modes Supplement?

I didn't get 1.

It's referenced in the Owner's Manual. I found a download version. Dealer has not come up with it. I contacted Dodge and they sent me 2 copies of the 2020 warranty information.:rolleyes:

I'd like to have a complete set of documents, but if nobody got it I'll move on.

· Registered
1,336 Posts
I traded in a 2016 shaker scat with 6 speed manual for my 2019 1320. The first thing that sold me was TRACTION. something I could never get with my shaker. My best 0-60 in the shaker was 4.2 and that was traction limited. My best in my 1320 is 3.6!! And it wasn't even broken in yet. So no transbrake at the time. I now have only 5600 miles on it and I consistently get 3.8 on the street with regular pressure in the tires. (32ish lbs) I simply love the 1320. View attachment 269452
Damn, those are some impressive times and not even broken in all the way yet! I'm really starting to lean towards getting the 1320 trim over the WB or loaded regular scat now...

· Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
10 Posts
Damn, those are some impressive times and not even broken in all the way yet! I'm really starting to lean towards getting the 1320 trim over the WB or loaded regular scat now...
You can't go wrong with either. I love the WB look, almost bought one the day I got my 1320. But the WB was a 50k and only had cloth seats. Cloth seats in a 50K car?? So I went with the 1320. Got the alcantara/leather seats and the exclusivity of the 1320 and saved 5k. Only 1054 produced in 2019 and even less in 2020 due to covid shutting down the factory for a few months. I'm sure the 2021 will be pretty rare too. Just a lot of people don't know what it is or never heard of the 1320. I have only seen 1 other on the roads of Jacksonville. I see regular scats and WBs all day long. So It's an exclusive club.

· Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
10 Posts
In my area, there are only a few regular scats. I have yet to see a WB or 1320 on the street. Of course I live in a fairly small suburban area.
there are a LOT of Challengers and Chargers in Jax. The dealer a half a mile from my house has 7 new Scat Challengers parked out front right now. But no 1320's. They had 5 in stock when I bought mine back in 2019. So I had a selection to chose from. I picked the fastest looking one. ;). lol

· Registered
8 Posts
I traded in a 2016 shaker scat with 6 speed manual for my 2019 1320. The first thing that sold me was TRACTION. something I could never get with my shaker. My best 0-60 in the shaker was 4.2 and that was traction limited. My best in my 1320 is 3.6!! And it wasn't even broken in yet. So no transbrake at the time. I now have only 5600 miles on it and I consistently get 3.8 on the street with regular pressure in the tires. (32ish lbs) I simply love the 1320.
I recently picked up a 1320 myself and when test driving it I was extremely impressed with the way this car got Traction. This car is very impressive for being N/A.

· Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
1,165 Posts
I recently picked up a 1320 myself and when test driving it I was extremely impressed with the way this car got Traction. This car is very impressive for being N/A.
I really, really, really need to know what the trick is for these cars to launch the way they do. They launch better than my N/A 5.7L with Limited Slip (3.09 rear end) and 315 Nitto05R on the rear. Even after a burn out and on prepped track it blows them off. It's going to get a lot worse once I get my Converter and Supercharger installed at the end of this month. :(

· Registered
8 Posts
I really, really, really need to know what the trick is for these cars to launch the way they do. They launch better than my N/A 5.7L with Limited Slip (3.09 rear end) and 315 Nitto05R on the rear. Even after a burn out and on prepped track it blows them off. It's going to get a lot worse once I get my Converter and Supercharger installed at the end of this month. :(
What is the rear tire pressure set at?

· Registered
8 Posts
28 psi, I have been asking, for the track, 16 psi seems to be recommended by folks. Seems a little low for the sidewall height (Lack of it).
I personally have not had good luck with the NT05Rs. I ran them on my Cobra and did not hook well at all. The suspension on a 1320 is completely different from an RT. Our springs are specifically set up for the drag strip and are pretty darn good at transferring weight. They are setup just like the demon springs. I know you couldn't buy the Demon springs but now you can under the 1320 part number. Since you are a manual what RPM are you trying to launch at?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts