Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

· Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
1,165 Posts
I personally have not had good luck with the NT05Rs. I ran them on my Cobra and did not hook well at all. The suspension on a 1320 is completely different from an RT. Our springs are specifically set up for the drag strip and are pretty darn good at transferring weight. They are setup just like the demon springs. I know you couldn't buy the Demon springs but now you can under the 1320 part number. Since you are a manual what RPM are you trying to launch at?
8 speed and I launch around 1500, hoping the new converter will help with this. I thought their adaptive shocks are what made a difference too, as well as springs. I am really leery of buying dedicated drag shocks since I can not use adaptive ones.

· Registered
30 Posts
8 speed and I launch around 1500, hoping the new converter will help with this. I thought their adaptive shocks are what made a difference too, as well as springs. I am really leery of buying dedicated drag shocks since I can not use adaptive ones.
Be sure and keep us posted when you swap your converter out. I'm gonna put a 3600 stall in my stone stock 1320. I'm pretty sure it's gonna wake this thing up.

· Registered
878 Posts
2019 White Knuckle 1320
Ive only had it 3 months or so but I like to stretch its legs and i'm pretty dam impressed with it. And thats coming from a 750 HP Fully Built ZL1 & 468 ci 71 Chevelle SS 454
Unfortunately the Dealership I bought it from swapped out the Nexen's DR's for Nitto Motivo Ultra High Performance Tires so my plan is to get a set of Rear Wheels with MT R's to swap back and forth. In the meantime their brand new, handle great and ya get swirly but somewhat controllable for still having lots of fun

I have to say I've had a lot of Supercharged Camaros & Stangs & High HP Blown ProStreet, and even 9 & 10 second Daily Driver's, MID LIFE CRISIS IS A B!TCH!!! (lol)
Ok maybe I'm getting old (60), but I truly think I've found my Favorite "Ever" Performance Vehicle and I've had over 50 pretty impressive cars and trucks through the decades. I dont think anyone that DOESNT HAVE a Drag Button can understand how one magic button can change an already impressive car into a totally different animal instantly, I LOVE THAT DAM BUTTON, LOL

· Premium Member
1,695 Posts
I've had my 1320 since Sept 2019. These cars are simply amazing. Built for drag racing, with a warranty that covers drag racing!

I've got over 80 runs with mine. PB is 11.428 @ 118.36 with a 60' of 1.617 (Car #646).

One of the things I love best about mine is its consistency; unless the driver flubs it, the 1320 will run VERY consistently, even hot lapping.

Of course, she ain't too bad to look at, either!

· Premium Member
1,695 Posts
Yeah, it is impressive. But from what I hear that warranty is out the window as soon as you do anything to the engine.
I haven't done anything to the engine (yet). That's why I'm running it every chance I get; push it as hard as I can, knowing I'm covered under warranty.

· Premium Member
1,695 Posts
Yeah, it is impressive. But from what I hear that warranty is out the window as soon as you do anything to the engine.
Have you bought a Challenger yet, or still searching?

· Registered
1,336 Posts
I'm still thinking about it and almost ready to order. I think I finally narrowed it down between the 1320 and WB. But if its going to take months to get it, I might as well just wait and check out the new Z at that point.

· Premium Member
1,695 Posts
I'm still thinking about it and almost ready to order. I think I finally narrowed it down between the 1320 and WB. But if its going to take months to get it, I might as well just wait and check out the new Z at that point.
So, in other words, you are no more inclined to actually purchase a Challenger now than you were May 21, 2019?

· Registered
1,336 Posts
Actually I was planning on ordering one as soon as I got my new house with a garage. But I thought I better at least make my first payment and make sure the utilities and such are not outrageous. I have only been here a few weeks so still waiting on all my statements. Anyway, in the meantime I've been reading up on the new Z and it sounds very interesting so I'm not sure if I should continue with the Scat Pack plans or wait for more info on it. From what I know now, there are pluses and minuses of each.

· Registered
1,336 Posts
The 2022 Nissan Z. It's supposed to be around 3300lb with a 400hp twin turbo V6 from the Infinity Red Sport, Mercedes 9 speed auto or 6 manual from the 370z, some cool exterior colors and a blue interior option. It looks good from all angles except the front IMO. I'm sure there will be aftermarket kits for that and easy to tune those motors for at least 75 more hp and a lot more with some bolt-ons. It's supposed to start at 35k, 5k more for the handling package and another 5k for the premium interior. Still 45k isn't that bad when the Red Sports go for nearly 60k. Only thing I'm not sure about is I know it won't sound near as good as a V8 and there may be some ADM at first so it would likely be going on another year before I would get one and I really wanted to get a new car this summer since trade in values are up and interest rates are low and I'm tired of driving the Mustang.

· Premium Member
1,695 Posts
The 2022 Nissan Z. It's supposed to be around 3300lb with a 400hp twin turbo V6 from the Infinity Red Sport, Mercedes 9 speed auto or 6 manual from the 370z, some cool exterior colors and a blue interior option. It looks good from all angles except the front IMO. I'm sure there will be aftermarket kits for that and easy to tune those motors for at least 75 more hp and a lot more with some bolt-ons. It's supposed to start at 35k, 5k more for the handling package and another 5k for the premium interior. Still 45k isn't that bad when the Red Sports go for nearly 60k. Only thing I'm not sure about is I know it won't sound near as good as a V8 and there may be some ADM at first so it would likely be going on another year before I would get one and I really wanted to get a new car this summer since trade in values are up and interest rates are low and I'm tired of driving the Mustang.
In other words...He doesn’t know, and will take another two years deciding.

· Registered
43 Posts
Ok , so you want a Z now. They are not yet available .. Maybe will be at the end of summer , I guess you will be driving the mustang for another 2 maybe 3 years. You point out trade values are at a high right now, and finance rates are at a low. With all that going in your favor what are you waiting for.. The water , and electric bills are things you will never do without , and your mortgage , taxes.. I drove 200 miles to get my 2020 wide body scat pack , looked at the car had everything I wanted.. Signed the paper work and they delivered my scat pack to my house no charge. That was on Jan. 20, 2020 . GOOD LUCK.

· Registered
1,336 Posts
I just wanted to make sure there were no surprises in the bill's at my new house as you never know, the utility rates could be higher esp. since I'm now heating a man cave and have a pool. I don't think they will be that much more though. Btw, my family thinks I should get the Challenger over the other cars I'm considering too. It would be more practical (as far as sporty/muscle cars go anyway) and I would be supporting American auto plants more.

· Registered
2 Posts
2019 White Knuckle 1320
Ive only had it 3 months or so but I like to stretch its legs and i'm pretty dam impressed with it. And thats coming from a 750 HP Fully Built ZL1 & 468 ci 71 Chevelle SS 454
Unfortunately the Dealership I bought it from swapped out the Nexen's DR's for Nitto Motivo Ultra High Performance Tires so my plan is to get a set of Rear Wheels with MT R's to swap back and forth. In the meantime their brand new, handle great and ya get swirly but somewhat controllable for still having lots of fun

I have to say I've had a lot of Supercharged Camaros & Stangs & High HP Blown ProStreet, and even 9 & 10 second Daily Driver's, MID LIFE CRISIS IS A B!TCH!!! (lol)
Ok maybe I'm getting old (60), but I truly think I've found my Favorite "Ever" Performance Vehicle and I've had over 50 pretty impressive cars and trucks through the decades. I dont think anyone that DOESNT HAVE a Drag Button can understand how one magic button can change an already impressive car into a totally different animal instantly, I LOVE THAT DAM BUTTON, LOL View attachment 276285
can you give some info on the rear badge ?, I really like the look's of that

21 - 40 of 79 Posts