Dodge Challenger Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
New 1320 owner. Ordered today a TorRed 2022 Challenger 1320.....now the long wait begins. Traded a 2019 Shaker 392 with 123 orginal miles. This one too will be an ultra low-mile car that will be left in the factory wrapper "as-delivered" condition.

Below are the reasons I prefer the 1320's.

• Engine – 392 Hemi 485 horsepower and 475 lbs-ft torque
  • TorqueFlite 8HP70 eight-speed automatic transmission
  • TransBrake – locks the output shaft of the automatic transmission to hold the car stationary before a standing start adopted from the Challenger SRT Demon
  • Torque Reserve – works in conjunction with the TransBrake and Launch Control by managing fuel flow to cylinders and controlling spark advance or retard to balance engine rpm and torque to maximize power delivery and launch performance
  • Line Lock – engages the front brakes to hold the Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 stationary, but leaves the rear wheels free for a burnout to heat up and clean the rear tires
  • Launch Assist – uses wheel speed sensors to watch for driveline-damaging wheel hop at launch and, in milliseconds, modifies the engine torque to regain full grip
  • Launch Control – controls tire slip during straight-line acceleration
  • SRT-tuned three-mode Adaptive Damping Suspension (ADS) electronically retuned for the Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320
    • Includes Drag Mode that, when engaged, optimizes weight transfer to the rear for best launch traction
  • Performance-tuned asymmetrical limited-slip differential with 3.09 final drive
  • Extreme-duty 41-spline rear axle half shafts adopted from the Challenger SRT Demon
  • Suspension parts including front and rear springs, shock absorbers and sway bars adopted from the Challenger SRT Demon
  • Brembo High-performance Brake Package with four-piston caliper
  • Low Gloss Black 20 x 9.5-inch aluminum-forged wheels with knurled bead seats to minimize tire slip on the wheel
  • Nexen SUR4G Drag Spec 275/40R20 street-legal drag radial

· Registered
485 Posts
I probably should have known about this, but it seems there are only two drive modes in the 1320, standard or drag unless I'm missing something. I thought for sure there would be a way to select another one. I know the suspension and steering have another choice, but only two choices for the motor or trans? Seems like it should have a mode for bad weather too like my Mustang had (wet/snow), but guess you just have to baby it, switch out to some decent tires on and maybe add some weight to the trunk.
if you wanted a winter car you likely should have went all wheel drive, no way id consider bopping around in the winter on the 305's my widebody came with, or any 305's except truck tires with m+s ratings..of course you being in ohio may not deal with the same winter conditions as we have up here in minnesota

· Registered
1,336 Posts
Well my 1320 came with 275's but they are the drag radials. I was going to switch out to the winter wheel/tire set I bought that is an 18" wheel this weekend, but my dad didn't want to do it at my house since I don't have many tools or a jack yet. I didn't want to put the wheels in my new car either so I may be out of luck. I need to do something soon though as it is getting around 30 at night now and only a matter of time before the snow starts coming. I'll most likely have to go get a jack in the next few days and at least a decent ratchet set. I may try to do it myself, but don't know how hard it is with the Challenger as he always helped with the stang. I had thought about getting a winter beater too, but only wanted to spend 1-1.5k and its hard to find a dependable vehicle (would prefer a 4wd truck) with decent tires in that ballpark right now. I may have to try to make it through this winter and save up for a better one for next year. I do have a garage now, so I'm thinking it shouldn't be too bad with the winter tires as long as we don't have many big storms. I only have to work 3 days a week too.

· Registered
1,336 Posts
Yeah, that is what I got. I got them used, but they are in really good shape and supposedly good brand of snow tires on 18" wheels. I do need to replace my drag tires for some all seasons sooner or later though and I haven't decided if I should just replace the tires or look for another set of wheels to put them on. I more than likely won't get the all seasons until spring at this point though as I'm about to switch over to the winter set up. I'm starting to get nervous if I get caught before I do the switch as we had snow yesterday. It only stuck to the grass though.

· Registered
1,590 Posts
Wow, you finally got a car! Congrats. If you get decent tires, you should be fine, you just have to regulate your right foot, and avoid, unlike me, any side roads when there is significant snow on them I got stuck about a block from work last winter for over 3 hours. AAA finally got me going after many struggles. The driver almost gave up, and I was about to also. I could have avoided it all if I had gone the long way to work, but I thought I would be OK. I was wrong. Never again.

· Premium Member
1,695 Posts

· Premium Member
1,695 Posts
I need some detailed measurements from a 1320! Anyone willing to help? pm me!

PA
What type of measurements? I'm starting a project, and will be crawling all through my 1320, so I might be able to help.

· Registered
128 Posts
PaVaSteeler

The measurements I am looking for are:

1: Height from ground to the bottom of the leading edge (on the centerline)of the chin spoiler
2: Distance from front tires footprint (leading edge on ground at centerline of car) to the leading edge at the bottom of the chin spoiler
3: With the drivers seat in it's maximum forward position and the back of the drivers seat tilted forward, the distance from the back of the seat to the door jam (ie. entry clearance/width to back seat) at the rocker sill level and anywhere near 6" above the rocker sill.
4: Height from the ground to fender lip on centerline of front tire/spindle, and the same at the rear.

Thanks

PA

· Premium Member
1,695 Posts
PaVaSteeler

The measurements I am looking for are:

1: Height from ground to the bottom of the leading edge (on the centerline)of the chin spoiler
2: Distance from front tires footprint (leading edge on ground at centerline of car) to the leading edge at the bottom of the chin spoiler
3: With the drivers seat in it's maximum forward position and the back of the drivers seat tilted forward, the distance from the back of the seat to the door jam (ie. entry clearance/width to back seat) at the rocker sill level and anywhere near 6" above the rocker sill.
4: Height from the ground to fender lip on centerline of front tire/spindle, and the same at the rear.

Thanks

PA
Won’t get to it until Sunday, most likely, but I’ll try to get you these.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts