Dodge Challenger Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
oh gotcha well thats good. the trouble now is transportation- being a dealer myself i can tell you the transporters are running way behind.
5 days ago the car left the body vendor . What does that mean ? I didn't order anything extra .

·
Registered
17 Posts
5 days ago the car left the body vendor . What does that mean ? I didn't order anything extra .
All cars will go through that. I’m not even convinced that it even happens, it may be just what is updated to keep customers in the “know”

·
Registered
852 Posts
Wow, I didn't even notice it had been that long. A little over 4 months? I wonder why since it doesn't have any extra options and you are in the US? I think I'm going to order my 1320 this week and was hoping for 2 months or less, but this has me a little worried.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Yeah I was about to tell them forget it . I am in Michigan not that far from the factory

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow, I didn't even notice it had been that long. A little over 4 months? I wonder why since it doesn't have any extra options and you are in the US? I think I'm going to order my 1320 this week and was hoping for 2 months or less, but this has me a little worried.
Clearly you guys are out of the loop. There is a semiconductor shortage which has basically stalled production on all new vehicles. This has been going on sense about January and is still not resolved. All new dealers in Orlando are basically used car lots because they have no new vehicles with a few exceptions. Chip shortage expected to cost auto industry $110 billion in revenue in 2021

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·

·
Registered
852 Posts
Clearly you guys are out of the loop. There is a semiconductor shortage which has basically stalled production on all new vehicles. This has been going on sense about January and is still not resolved. All new dealers in Orlando are basically used car lots because they have no new vehicles with a few exceptions. Chip shortage expected to cost auto industry $110 billion in revenue in 2021
Yeah, I know about it but what's your point? I've noticed some people still getting their cars in about 6 weeks and others over 5 months. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason for the difference in delivery times.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, I know about it but what's your point? I've noticed some people still getting their cars in about 6 weeks and others over 5 months. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason for the difference in delivery times.
Whats my point? lol. just trying to inform based off your question.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts