Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So I have a 2014 100th Anniversay Edition in the High Octane Red. Originally I was going to look for a Classic Edition or the Redline but I really liked the color on this one and the special interior sold it even more. But now that I have been looking at it for a while there is a part of me that wishes they added some kind of stripes. It seems like all of the models from the RT Classic up to the SRT and Shaker have vinyls that signify their uniqueness among other Challengers.

So I started playing with designs I liked from looking at the vinyls online, but then I started to think that if I change the look of the body will it take away from it being a 100th anniversary. So I wanted to get your opinions. Do you think adding vinyl or painting stripes on the car is a good idea? I've added some pics of what the car looks like and some of the designs I have been playing with on Forza 5.

Attachments

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,445 Posts
Those stripe packages definitely change the car. I also noticed you added different wheels. I probably would leave the car alone because it is a special anniversary edition. But it is your car. You are the only one who can decide what to do with it. I really like the original wheels too.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,694 Posts
Do what you want, vinyl can removed. It will probably be along time before it will become a collector car.

Reactions: Classicwhite12

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. I don't think I would mess with the wheels. Mainly just wanted to give it some character like the other editions have. I will keep playing and see what I come up with. Thanks guys

·
Registered
732 Posts
The car looks very nice as it is. Vinyl would give it more character I think. But after it is your car, so go with what your heart is telling you.

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
It's your car, do what you like. We almost bought one and if we had, I'd be tempted to leave it completely stock (or at least do only things that would let me undo them easily to get back to stock).

·
Registered
9 Posts
A special edition car should be unique all by itself. If now, maybe it's not so special. If you think of the car an an investment, but one you can enjoy right now, I wouldn't change anything. Just look at the attention given "pure stock" is given to other classics on the TV auction shows. If you want to do some custom touches (I did on my SRT), then why not just get a regular model of you choice and have at it.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
congratulations on your car... i say make it your own... it's doubtful any of these cars will appreciate or become real collectible anytime in the near future... with that said, i really like the stripe choice in picture 3 (the strobe decal on the sides). it looks really nice with the black wheels... with that said, if you decided to do any time of side stripe, IMO don't do the hood graphics... it would be just a bit too much, for my taste anyways... but with that said, i'm also a fan of the hood graphics by themselves too... good luck, in my case these types of decisions take me forever... i can be so indecisive at times...

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
I like side stripes and I'm partial to the 1970 or 1971 style. I have aftermarket 1970 style on my car. The R/T Classic has factory 1971 style side stripes.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Vinyl is a great option.....It's easily removed if and when you want it back to stock. It changes the whole look of your car. I have a Matte Black Vinyl on my hood and I love it! All the pictures you posted look great.....which one do you like best?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I have the same color, which is one of the reasons I purchased the 100th anniversary edition. I love the color so much especially in the sun light that I wouldn't cover any of it up. If you must go with strips the Vinyl would be the way to go.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Nice Anniversary Edition Challenger! I like the strobes in picture #3. Since you aren't changing the color on the wheels maybe do the strobe stripe in silver? Just my opinion. Good luck on your final decision!

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Wrap the entire car with the stripes in the graphics...it'll save the original paint from fading, or worse, only fade around the vinyl stripes. That would really save it if your concerned with a payday down the road on the collectible's market.

·
Banned
149 Posts
I have the 100th edition as well in the same color. I have also been dealing with the same question as you... to stripe or not. Vinyl definitely one of my top options. Though the style and even color is leaving me up in the air.... I have been leaning towards a gray stripe to try and match the wheel pockets. I also really like the mopar 14 stripe, without a hood stripe. Then again, the vinyl roof in black looks really incredible as well. Something else I was considering is going with ghost flames/ lightning or something else totally....

I have had the car since Memorial day and still have not done much if anything besides taking a few engine pieces off my previous challenger and adding a little vinyl on the engine cover. I have to agree with others it is not going to be worth more than any other challenger in our lifetime but the red pearl paint and that interior is a sweet mod... imo I call it a mod as I was going to at least do the interior on my previous challenger....

At the end of the day it is your car and you have to drive it... so, do what you want, as the only person you have to please is you... vinyl will come off, mods can be unbolted... and if it has to be stock, it is what it is...

beautiful car, enjoy...

·
Registered
22,668 Posts
Vinyl stripes aren't permanent (as others here have pointed out) so not much harm in trying a stripe package you like. That said I think the car looks great clean (without stripes) :smileup:.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts