Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Hurst comp-shift shifter will work on a '14 SXT?

Thanks

brian

·
Registered
24 Posts
I checked into it from a company on ebay and they told me they checked with Hurst and it wont fit. I have a 2014 R/T and love the look of the Hurst comp stick shifter. I still beat it would fit but don't want to spend that amount of money to find they changed something stupid like a clamp or something small.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, I emailed Speedlogix and they said it would work with a '14 with the 5-speed auto.

Need to get the fog lights installed first, then maybe I'll try the shifter.

brian

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't know if anything changed after the 2012 model, but I bought one for my 2014 rt and it doesn't fit exactly right. It's very close, but the factory plate has a slight arch to it from left to right and the Hurst plate is flat. That leaves a small gap between the chrome trim plate and the shifter plate. I'm still trying to get mine to fit better. Many people might not even notice it but it bothers me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info! It will be awhile (months) before I can do much to my SXT...silly work keeps getting in the way.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I actually called Hurst last week. It won't fit, but they just bought a 2014, so the guy said they will probably be making one. I told him they need to offer the black plate with white knob too. I also asked if I could just get the automatic adapter to use with the white ball(that I thought came with the white ball I bought), he said no. I ordered BT.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Now I'm curious if the sxt is different from the rt. I thought they were the same, in which case it will fit. Sometimes when they have a new model year come out, they either haven't confirmed that the part will fit, so they just say no, or they just don't realize it will. You could probably talk to different people at Hurst and get different answers. I would almost guarantee it fits just fine. The one I ordered for my '14 said 2008-2012.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts