Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, get ready for a totally rookie question. My friend is restoring a 1970 Challenger. Hes currently got a golf ball doing double duty as a shifter knob so I thought I might do him a favor and buy something a little more authentic. Problem is, I've got no idea what I'm doing and thought someone on here might be able to tell me what the original gear shift knobs looked like, or where I can get something close to it. I don't know much about the spec, just that it's a 1970, stick shift, plum crazy, Challenger. Thanks.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
56,142 Posts
The 70 Challenger had a pistol grip not a round ball. Unless it was a 3 speed.

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts

Be prepared to pony up $375.00 if you decide to buy him one.

Welcome to the Z from FL. Lots of great info here. Enjoy !

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
56,142 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Yup......Pistol Grip.....which you can get at Classic Industries (but get ready to pay!)

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering wheel

·
The Baron
585 Posts
I found plenty of results on eBay by searching "1970 Challenger Pistol Grip." They look exactly like the ones posted above. Be prepared to spend $$$.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
If he has a 4 speed with HURST linkage you mite get away with just getting the handle which bolts on with 2 bolts- - - - - -

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Spendy, Spendy, Spendy but they are so awesome looking.

Well, If you're looking for a friend to adopt to buy something for.......have I got a list of parts for you to buy. ;);)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts