Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
12,990 Posts
Nice car !! it definitely has a lot of potential if you want to invest the time effort and $$
Its a decision only you can make. You should introduce your self in the newbie section here, im sure you will get a very warm welcome here. There are a lot of good people here and lots of good info too.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Good looking '73! I guess it just depends on what you wanna do (and also cash flow) of where you're gonna take it. Restoring back to original will likely be pricey. It's hard to tell though from just one shot of the outside. Are you planning on keeping it for investment or that's your baby now?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I redid a73 about 7 years ago nut and bolt resto . Paid 15k for the car a driver like yours and had 45k into it after resto .nothing for my labor included in that price.trouble is after you put that much blood ,sweat and money into it ,your scared to take it out and drive it and then if you do it takes 4 hrs to reclean everything.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Nice I am jealous!

Keep us updated whatever you decide. I would personally do a resto mod.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
How's the body???? Looks straight from the picture you attached. Any major rust? From here it looks good to do a resto on.

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Nice Challenger. It's always hard to tell what someone has previously done to a car that old but if it's still stock you have the 72-73 340 as opposed to the 68-71 340. That means you have smaller heads (1.88 intakes and 1.60 exhaust valves) so you may want to find a set of the larger 2.02 intake valve heads or go with a set of aluminum edelbrock heads. Compression ratio dropped from something like 10:3:1 to 8:5:1 and rated HP from 275 (conservatively rated) to a listed 240 HP in 72.

If it was me I'd build it up to at least pre 72 level. Heads, cam and Headers would give that Challenger a nice kick in the pants and a purple shaft cam from Mopar would add a healthy dose of horse power. But good luck and enjoy your Challenger no matter which way you decide to go with things. Very cool ride no matter what. :smileup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The body is pretty straight. Few dings here and there, some bondo cracking in rr qtr panel. No rust that I've found. Original California car. It would be a great candidate for a restore, just not sure if I want to spend the money to do it. Oh and the 340 is gone, it's had a 360 put in it at some time

·
801 RWHP
8,521 Posts
Stan, we need a name change aisle three. Name change, aisle three. Welcome. Good luck with the build. Most of all enjoy it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts