Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1st to 2nd issue with Barton Shifter M6

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TGOL 
#1 ·
My 15 SP with 11k miles on it seems to be a bit too "notchy" when shifting from 1st to 2nd. I have had the Barton shifter installed for about a year now and am aware that the Barton is notchie by design with very defined gates. I have just been noticing that there is the typical 2nd gear gate notch. Then as if it is having difficulty engaging the gear, a second notch to fully engage 2nd. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the Barton shifter, but I never noticed it with the stock shifter. I started paying more attention to it when me son commented about it a couple of months ago. I was wondering if any Trimec 6060 6 speed owners have had similar issues. Any feed back is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

#3 ·
OP: Have you noticed this "notchiness" being more pronounced under WOT than normal local road driving? Meaning, are you having more trouble going from 1 - 2 at high rpms than normal driving?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.