Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 with 3.08 gear and the 20" Firestone tire package is showing excessive wear at 12,00 miles. Tires are 1/2 gone, I'm really pissed about this !

Anyone else have this issue ? Replacement tires, best deal or brand ?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have the same as you and just under 12,000 miles, so far my tires still look good. I will keep a close eye on them now.

·
Dash Cam Guy
2,277 Posts
That's not too bad. I got my third set around 43k miles if I recall correctly. I stick with Hankooks. Some folks like Nittos. Most do not like the Goodyears. I'd rather have grip and go through them a bit quicker than get lots of mileage and slide around.

·
Registered
362 Posts
That's not too bad. I got my third set around 43k miles if I recall correctly. I stick with Hankooks. Some folks like Nittos. Most do not like the Goodyears. I'd rather have grip and go through them a bit quicker than get lots of mileage and slide around.
I like the Hankooks, too. The Firestones are cheap, but I heard they wear terrible. Cheap is probably why they are the new OEM choice, not Goodyear.
I got less than 20k on the GY's and nearly 30k on my first set of Hankooks.

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,977 Posts
My f-1s bit the bullet at 15K miles- severe wear on the front. Replaced them with Hankook Ventus from Tirerack.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fellows I'm really put out by this poor tire wear and the OEM Firestone's like to slid around on dry pavement if you hit the gas on a sharp turn.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm now at 13,300 miles are have to start looking for new tires and I want some that last longer than 20,000. Any ideas ?

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,566 Posts
I really like my Nitto 850 SUV Plus. I've had them for over a year and about 12,000 miles and the are still looking and riding good. They are an exceptional rain tire(when I get caught) and have great dry traction. They also handle well. They are similar to the Nitto Motiva's.

·
Registered
440 Posts
For those of us with the 20" rims, are we supposed to rotate them? If not, why not?

-John
Yes, rotate them. The only exception would be if you have staggered tires, in which case rotating front/rear is obviously not recommended. :i_rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts