Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, I just bought a 2009 Challenger R/T Classic which has been tweaked a little by its previous owner. I'm more of an original car guy so I want to take it back to showroom.

I know the '09 Classics came with the RT emblem in the grille, did it also have a "Challenger" Script in the grille? I see some with the block lettered "Challenger", some with the emblems similar to the retro fender scripts, and some with none?

I know the fenders only have the retro Challenger scripts so I'm good there.

Were there any emblems on the back of the car? Again I see many variations of emblems there, but wanted to know what the scheme was when it left the assy line. I'm trying to find a sales brochure that shows the back but I'm having no luck.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,503 Posts
Block Challenger badge on passenger side of grille. No emblems on back.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
As with all R/T Classics, the 2009 model came with only an R/T emblem on the driver's side and script emblems on the front fenders

Quite a few owners (including myself) have added the Classic Script Challenger emblem next to the R/T emblem to pay homage to the 1970's models.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,503 Posts
Block Challenger badge on passenger side of grille. No emblems on back.
A friend of mine had a new '09 Classic that had the block badge on the grille, so it looks like it was comme ci, comme ca.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting -

Hemi, is that a "stick on" grille script you have next to the R/T?

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
Interesting -

Hemi, is that a "stick on" grille script you have next to the R/T?
Yes. But there is a new version that snaps onto the grill.

·
Registered
949 Posts
There was a thread on the block Challenger emblem in the front grille. Seemingly no rhyme or reason as to why some came with it and some did not.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,426 Posts
That 70 is bad to the bone !
XXXX3!! That white top and the all the white on the Challenger is perfection! The body stripe I absolutely love!! Sure would have been cool if they could have made some new ones with the white top!

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
As a rule they came with the block Challenger on the passenger side of the grill but it has been talked about in the past and there are some cars that didn't come with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts