Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Family,
I’m trying to help a friend out, he has a 2009 dodge challenger RT 5.7, would it be best to make the factory hood Functionable with a kit, Or could someone tell me the best way to go for performance.
Help me family, please.
Thanks..

·
Registered
8,418 Posts
I have installed these on my 2009 R/T actually very easy to do. I noticed lower under hood temperatures and lower engine temperature. After the install the in dash gauge dropped 2 ticks. I ordered mine through a dealer but they are available through multiple sources now.
Check out this video for how to install them.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,051 Posts
I’m trying to help a friend out, he has a 2009 dodge challenger RT 5.7, would it be best to make the factory hood Functionable with a kit
I thought all R/T's came with functional hood scoops? Are you sure that your friend's Challenger has "dummy" hood scoops? Best way to check is to download the build sheet from FCA RAM. You'll need the Challenger's VIN.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I ordered the functional hood scoops for an SRT from my dealer and replaced the non functional ones that my 2009 R/T came with. Very easy pop the old ones out and feed the rubber boot through the hood and your done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts