Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 SRT8 Wheels Question for anyone who might know, or know someone who has refinished/restored them.

My OEM rims have a few spots in the dish area (behind the 5 spokes) that a tire center damaged on me three years ago (not worth pursuing now).
The original front F1 Supercar tires only lasted for about 8000 miles on my SRT8 (yes, I drive her hard through the "twisties"), and I had to replace the rubber.
The good folks at Mavis Tire in Latham New York gouged the hell out of the dishes on my front rims by using a manifold scraper to remove the stick-on wheel weights when changing the original rubber. Now I have spots that need to be refinished. I never changed the rear tires (they still have some miles left on them), so I need a match to the original color since I don't want to paint all four rims - 2, unnecessarily.
Does anyone know the color code or paint used on the original finish on the original Alcoa Forged rims? They run over $900 each to replace, and I have no intention of doing that. These rims are going back on the car when she's traded in, and I don't want to screw over my dealer with an ugly surprise.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks! :smileup: :smileup: :smileup:

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,566 Posts
Bob, can't answer your question, but the other day while working I recommended the Duplicolor HyperSilver kit to someone to refinish their factory wheels. He cleaned them up, taped off the polished areas and sprayed the cast looking areas with the Hyper Silver. It really turned out nice.

Just something for you to consider.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bob, can't answer your question, but the other day while working I recommended the Duplicolor HyperSilver kit to someone to refinish their factory wheels. He cleaned them up, taped off the polished areas and sprayed the cast looking areas with the Hyper Silver. It really turned out nice.

Just something for you to consider.
Thanks, Dan. I'll stop by Advanced Auto Parts on the way home tomorrow and see if they have any there. Maybe it'll match up closely enough so no one can tell. :smileup:

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
Bob, I would try to call a Dodge dealership that does bodywork. They should know.

:4-dontknow:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts