Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so recently my car started shaking uncomfortably while im at a stops, naturally the check engine light came on and gave me a P0302 code (cylinder #2 misfire) . It sounds like its about to power down then it starts back up roughly. Im only at 40,000 miles! So i changed the spark plugs ..all good..coils..all good. I start up the car after the spark plug change and check engine light is still there. I even changed the boots around to different spark plugs to see if the code would jump to a different number spark plug but nothing, it was still #2 misfire. I read up and apparently these models come with a weak park in the #2 head that wasnt put out as a recall but to be fixed under warranty (mine is expired) . Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I really do not want to shell out $4,000 on a car that's not even worth $10,000.

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
8,940 Posts
Sounds like a least expensive and better alternative. Selling or trading your Challenger as is, will get you next to nothing. Good luck with your quest.

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
2010 was the last year for the 3.5l motor. Unfortunately they had problems with running hot, the PCV system was too small and didn't pull enough air through the crankcase and the oil galley passages were too small causing oil sludging. Some 'common' problems were spun crank bearings and even broken connecting rods.
Have you changed the oil frequently (like every 3500 mi)?
I'd recommend a compression test on #2 and see if you have compression there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2010 was the last year for the 3.5l motor. Unfortunately they had problems with running hot, the PCV system was too small and didn't pull enough air through the crankcase and the oil galley passages were too small causing oil sludging. Some 'common' problems were spun crank bearings and even broken connecting rods.
Have you changed the oil frequently (like every 3500 mi)?
I'd recommend a compression test on #2 and see if you have compression there.
would you happen to know if i could get any information that talks about problems with the 3.5? maybe an article or a specific piece of information I could show a shoP?

·
Premium Member
12,479 Posts
There is still a section on this forum for the 3.5 engine. I would start there.

Reactions: jklotz10

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts