Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 2010 Challenger with 40K miles - I have developed a noise- sounds like a fast relay clicking sound from the left top dash behind the vent on the dash.
Problem: I turn the car off and walk away. I come back five minutes later and open the door- and then the sound occurs- last for about 3 seconds.
I took it to the dealer who said it: When the car powers down and all vacuum is lost- the damper in the dash rotates. When I open the door and the car powers back up- the damper is clicking fast as it rotates back into position. The clicking sound sounds like a stepping motor or a relay. There are no problems with the car except the noise. The dealer wanted $1200+ to repair this since the dash from the car would have to be removed. Does anyone have any idea's of how to proceed- Thanks Jeff

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,503 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to the 'Z' from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. :wavey: Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

Don't know about your problem. Perhaps someone will come along later.

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
:Racing: Hello and Welcome to the "Z Family" from Wyandotte Michigan !!! :Racing:

·
Registered
22,648 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,624 Posts
Welcome from AZ, sounds like a blend door actuator.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the “Z” from Pittsburgh, PA! Congratulations to you on the Challenger!

What Dodgeguy said sounds like a blend door actuator.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Maryland. Enjoy the site.

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Welcome to the Z from New Mexico! You have found the absolute best spot for a Challenger lover to be except for behind the wheel!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sport Durst Dodge Durham NC- recommended

:smileup:Great Dealer- Honest - Re-placed blend door actuator - 205.00

Stay away from Hendrix Dodge in Cary - Quote- 1200.00 (disassemble dash)

Symptom- Turn heat on and off. Ratchet sound for 5 seconds top of dash behind steering column.

When car is parked- door unlocked- and opened- same sound.

All Good now.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,624 Posts
:smileup:Great Dealer- Honest - Re-placed blend door actuator - 205.00

Stay away from Hendrix Dodge in Cary - Quote- 1200.00 (disassemble dash)

Symptom- Turn heat on and off. Ratchet sound for 5 seconds top of dash behind steering column.

When car is parked- door unlocked- and opened- same sound.

All Good now.
Glad you got it fixed, that was not too bad money wise. It would have gotten worse( more frequent). Our Charger would click on and off for 5 minutes after the car was shut off.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts