Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T AT5 BBP
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 R/T fully equipped with push button start, remote start etc., my question is, if I replace the WIN module, what exactly will I need to do with the Fobiks? Will I need to get new Fobiks, or will I need to reprogram my existing Fobiks (I have two functional originals)? Also will I be able to do whatever is necessary on my own or will I need some sort of locksmith or will I need to take it into a dealership?
Bonus question: looking up the WIN module to place an order, it seems there are several listed as the one for my car, several different parts all with different prices, anyone know why this is? Obviously the way to be sure would be to match the part number on my currently installed module, but for obvious reasons I'd like to not pull it out until it's time for the whole operation.
Thank you for taking the time I welcome any helpful information.

·
Premium Member
5,814 Posts
2010 R/T fully equipped with push button start, remote start etc., my question is, if I replace the WIN module, what exactly will I need to do with the Fobiks? Will I need to get new Fobiks, or will I need to reprogram my existing Fobiks (I have two functional originals)? Also will I be able to do whatever is necessary on my own or will I need some sort of locksmith or will I need to take it into a dealership?
Bonus question: looking up the WIN module to place an order, it seems there are several listed as the one for my car, several different parts all with different prices, anyone know why this is? Obviously the way to be sure would be to match the part number on my currently installed module, but for obvious reasons I'd like to not pull it out until it's time for the whole operation.
Thank you for taking the time I welcome any helpful information.
Starting with your model year, the WIN module has gone through 3 generational upgrades. Your original FOB's may become paper weights. Some can be upward compatible to the latest WIN revision but most cannot. You need to go by the VIN on your vehicle and ask a dealer tech that deals with reprogramming them. Also, those mobil locksmith guys are really up on this stuff.
-John

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T AT5 BBP
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Starting with your model year, the WIN module has gone through 3 generational upgrades. Your original FOB's may become paper weights. Some can be upward compatible to the latest WIN revision but most cannot. You need to go by the VIN on your vehicle and ask a dealer tech that deals with reprogramming them. Also, those mobil locksmith guys are really up on this stuff.
-John
Thank you Sir, those would be some awfully pricey paper weights, not even very heavy at that..
So to be safe I'll order a new pair of Fobiks, ouch, along with a new module according to my VIN, tricky part will be that the car will be inoperable between installing the module and programming the Fobiks, walk in the park..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts