2011 Auto Climate Control on 2010 RT?

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger Interior Mods & Audio / Video' started by fhughes, Feb 27, 2011.

1. fhughes

fhughes New Member

Vehicle?:
    2010 Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    TorRed
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    Anyone have any detail on the possibility of replacing the 2010 manual climate control head with a 2011 Auto climate control head?

Looks like all the control positions are the same just Auto select position added for blower speed and vent position. Temperature select would be a nice feature on the earlier models. I assume a temp probe (or two) would need to be added, typically they are IR sensors in the rear mirror I believe. But it seems the control head would adjust the blower speed and vent position based on temp sensor input(s)?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  2. fhughes

fhughes New Member

Vehicle?:
    2010 Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    TorRed
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    I found the parts for the 2011 on the Mopar Website, http://dodgeparts.mopar.com/dodge/ram-1500-parts.html . Still looking into replacing my 2010 manual climate control head with a 2011 Auto climate control head.

Looks like all the control positions are the same just Auto select position added for blower speed and vent position. Temperature select would be a nice feature on the earlier models.

Looks like the HVAC IR temp probe is integated with the Sun Sensor for the Auto Headlights. The only parts I see needed are the Control Head and Temp/Sun Sensor. Just need to find out if there are programmable settings that need to be changed in the PCM or if the program settings are all integrated in the Auto Control Head. Also if the plug ins are the same and how to wire in the temp sensor. The plug ins may be the same just missing wires???

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  3. The Gassman

The Gassman New Member

Color?:
    B5 Blue
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    Any luck with your project?

4. fhughes

fhughes New Member

Vehicle?:
    2010 Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    TorRed
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    I bought a wiring harness and got a hard parts list. It looks like a lot of standing on head underdash work to install all the new parts but it looks like it will work. What I haven't been able to get my hands on are the wiring diagrams for both the 2010 and 2011 HVAC systems to make sure everything I see on the parts list is what is needed. It will require some hardwiring changed to some connectors but are doable. The complexity and what I've received mixed messages from my dealer techies is whether the Can B Buss will recognize the components and feedback to the controler head the correct information. One of the techies at the dealership says the Can B Buses are all the same anymore it's just a matter of getting everything wired correctly. Hard parts will run about $400 with shipping.

Long story short. I'm still waiting for the warranty period to expire which is August 2013 before I change anything.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  5. HumanityZero

HumanityZero New Member

Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Redline Red
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    Did this ever end up working out? Is this feasible?