Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Dazed & Confused
35,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A big Congratulations goes out to TJGS, our April 2011 MOTM winner :head3: :w00t: :pepper: :ura1: :bananalama: :Banana01: :999: :woohoo:

I have always had a love for cars. When growing up it was the thing I couldn't wait for, I wanted to drive ! I would always do things for my Dad like washing and waxing his car in the hope that one day I would get to drive it. Eventually I would get to start it up and back it out of the garage to wash and wax it and then put it back in the garage. That was it but I lived for the moment.

The modding bug came early to me too. My Dad had a 68 Sport Fury that I put yellow fog lamps in. (Replaced the high beams with yellow high beams) I also took the liberty of coloring his parking light lamps green. I thought it was cool but he was pulled over for it. He told me there would be no more changing anything, I would have to get my own car to do that. I could hardly wait.

My Dad was a diehard MOPAR man. He had a string of Chrysler Newports that always had lean burn computer problems which overheated the catalic converter which in turn would burn a hole in the carpet. He always told me never to bite the hand that feeds you.

My first car was a 6 cylinder 66 Ford Comet. I had just got my license and my parents would not let me have a V8. I poked holes in my pipe before the muffler to get the "sound." My Dad made me get a new exhaust system, because I might get carbon monoxide poisoning. I did spend a lot on the car but it was a looker and not a screamer.

My second car was a 1970 383 Plymouth Satellite. I wanted a Roadrunner, I wanted a Superbird, but it was not to be thanks to the insurance companies. It was a great car and a lot of fun and I eventually sold it to my brother and bought a 1972 454 Corvette 4 speed. This car could burn rubber in all 4 gears. My dream car had arrived. I think I spent almost what the car cost in mods and accessories. Undefeated for years on the street racing circuit. Sold that car to my brother and he still has it ! He will not sell it back to me either.

Fast forward to the present. I had mostly GM's and Ford's the rest of my life and just couldn't find something I really liked with rear wheel drive until I saw the Challenger prototype at the car show. I did not know how or when, but this was going to be my next car ! I soon retired from Chrysler with a nice bonus package to put $25,000 toward the purchase of any new vehicle. It was a no brainer, touch and go for awhile with time running out on my voucher but I finally landed my Challenger and the rest is history.

I wanted to learn all I could about this baby because I like to do things myself and the car has electronics galore in it's systems. I visited many so called "Challenger Sites" but it seemed like someone had an axe to grind and there was a lot of fun being made at newbie’s. They just were not comfortable. Enter the "Z" The Z had a wealth of information, highly knowledgeable people from all walks of life and it was a "Family" atmosphere. I had found my new home ! You know who you all are, thanks for making the Z what it is and I value the friendships I have made as well as the opportunity to do my part in helping out as well. You are all members of the month in my book!

·
Challenger Old Guy...
6,527 Posts
Congradulations

Tom, Again KUDO's to you and your contributions here on the Z!

Yes, the Z is the place to be when it comes to your Challenger and all the dead serious enthusiasts here!

Now you have become an elite member of the team.
:D

·
Registered
429 Posts
Tom, Congrats on a well deserved selection. I still appreciate the stuff you sent me when I had to pull my door panels off.:smileup:

·
SOAL Challenger
1,326 Posts
Congrats on your winning the MOTM. Sweeet ride too!!:smileup:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Congratulations on making member of the month.

·
Time to Spray Pff Pff
5,661 Posts
Congrats on the win Tom! Very deserving :smileup:

·
Now that was dumb!
6,003 Posts
WTG TeeJayyyyyyyyyyy!

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Congratulations, Tom! Keep up the great work you do in helping to make this the best car forum out there!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Congrats Tom!!!!!
:rockon:
Well deserved buddy!!!!

Joe

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,115 Posts
A big CONGRATS on the win Tom!!!! You really deserve it buddy!!!!!:smileup:

·
Believe . . . . . . just believe!
6,047 Posts
:smileup: Congratulations Tom, well deserved and long overdue, thanks for all you do for this forum!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts