Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything and everything related to the August MOTM Contest should be posted and discussed here!

Good Luck everyone! :smileup:

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
I have mentioned this before and I will mention it once more and then shut my mouth about it. The MOTM is set up or worded so that a newbie can easily think that it is a photo contest. I have seen it happen when newbies comment about it in a manner that indicates the vote was based on the picture.

Most of the regulars here know that it is much more than that and make their votes based on more info. Isn't there some verbiage that can be placed in the vote thread that will state something to the effect, "Vote for your choice for Member of the Month based on the contributions of the member. Remember, this is not a photo contest."

I think we have deserving members opt out for this reason. Just saying.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I have mentioned this before and I will mention it once more and then shut my mouth about it. The MOTM is set up or worded so that a newbie can easily think that it is a photo contest. I have seen it happen when newbies comment about it in a manner that indicates the vote was based on the picture.

Most of the regulars here know that it is much more than that and make their votes based on more info. Isn't there some verbiage that can be placed in the vote thread that will state something to the effect, "Vote for your choice for Member of the Month based on the contributions of the member. Remember, this is not a photo contest."

X2. I guess MOTM nominees will just have to make sure they have one hell of a kick a$$ photo next their voting tab. :)

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I changed the verbiage a bit on the nomination thread and will carry that into the voting thread as applicable.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
i just have a comment, i think this is a wonderful award, it really makes people shine more. that is why this is the very best forum. because its about the people and how they treat others and how much info is out there for people like me. i just want to thank who ever started this award

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
Agree with Coyote on this one.

·
Politically correct.
11,104 Posts
IMO, I still don't think people should be dropping out. It's all good! :wavey:

·
More Than Just A Car
20,428 Posts

I don't know if this is possible....but what if there was no pic? you nominate with out a pic...so you should vote in the same manner without a pic...winner can then submitt a pic with his/her story. Now the pic isn't in play any longer..votes are based on merit...not the pic...if this is indeed the case.

If this idea has any merit and it will bring back folks that opted out..then I think its worth looking into. I don't know what the limitations are with the program for this if there are any...maybe we can just copy and paste their name in the picture box?? :4-dontknow:

·
Dazed & Confused
35,815 Posts
The verbage has been changed 3 or 4 times so I'm curious if this is not clear.

(Scroll down to the last set of pics and vote for the Member of your choice!)

You are always going to get some that vote for the pics, especially the newbies that don't know who the members are. Just saying...............

This contest is set up the same way on all the Z's that are doing it. If you want to change the way it is done, you will need to get GT to approve it.

·
More Than Just A Car
20,428 Posts
Thats true Joe....good point...but how many don't read the first post on the nomiating thread? How many keep submitting names that are on that list..granted it will still happen regardless, but it would tell me they're probably not reading the voting one either. What keeps happing though is people are opting out , I sure hate seeing this and the issue of voting on the pic vs the name comes up again.... I don't know.... maybe it's just a small group that think this :4-dontknow: .

·
Founder
3,728 Posts
The contest rules state "3: Nominations should not only be based on how cool the members Challenger is, or how many mods they have. It should also be based on how much help the members have provided on the forum, how active they are, etc."

I have always thought that it could be for either the car, or the member. But it has turned out that it's mostly the very helpful members that get the nod. Which is fine. But newbs will probably vote for the car since they do not know anyone yet.

The reason we require an image of the members car is so that we can use the gallery functionality to run the contest. This is how it's been done since day one.

I would say that if we post the rules in each nomination thread, (as is done on some of our forums) then everyone would know that they are voting on people and not cars.

Each of our sites have slightly different wording on how the contest should be run depending on the issues that have shown up on that individual site. I don't like that and think we can somehow combine them all into one set that is universal. And still use the gallery, and images to run the contest.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
i dont understand why people op out. maybe they dont feel worthy or what. i think the ones that have won in the past all are very worthy people and to have your name with these guys is such an honor. i am not pointing a finger at anyone cause i have the up most respect for all the members on here.i just dont understand what is going on. can anyone shed some light on this? thanks

·
More Than Just A Car
20,428 Posts
how do you get nominated?

The beginning of the nomination thread http://www.challengerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=71115&highlight=motm
tells you what to consider when nominating someone. If someone has helped you out or you find someones contributions to the site help to make the site as great as it is....thank them by nominating them. Just look at the list at the beginning of the thread, the names on that list are not eligible, if underlined they have already won MOTM and cannot win it again and those not underlined have either opted out or were in the finales the previous month and have to sit out one month before being eligible again.

·
Banned
10,372 Posts
I was wondering why, if your were nominated the month before and didn't win, why you can't be nominated for this month, since you didn't win last month............. :smileup:

·
Premium Member
4,572 Posts
i dont understand why people op out. maybe they dont feel worthy or what. i think the ones that have won in the past all are very worthy people and to have your name with these guys is such an honor. i am not pointing a finger at anyone cause i have the up most respect for all the members on here.i just dont understand what is going on. can anyone shed some light on this? thanks
I believe some people just want to stay in the background & not be in the lime light. They still contribute & participate and are happy in that role. :Wow1:

·
Politically correct.
11,104 Posts
I was wondering why, if your were nominated the month before and didn't win, why you can't be nominated for this month, since you didn't win last month............. :smileup:
Good point Mike, I've wondered the same.

·
More Than Just A Car
20,428 Posts
Good point Mike, I've wondered the same.

I was told awhile back...by who I don't remember...that it was to give more folks a shot at the title, so to speak..otherwise the perception is it's always the same people every month. So if 5 make the final..one wins....the next 4 months could have the same folks along with one new name every month....this way 4-5 new names...and more awareness for individuals that might not get some of the recognition they deserve....which is still hard as there are so many deserving on the z! Which in my opinion is why a nomination and then a vote is so special...to cap it all off with the win... is an honor...considering the competition.
Just for these reasons alone....I don't think its a bad idea at all.....JMO :)

·
Registered
9,624 Posts
Oilslick
IMO, I still don't think people should be dropping out. It's all good! :wavey:

Originally Posted by trudyc
i don't understand why people op out. maybe they don't feel worthy or what. i think the ones that have won in the past all are very worthy people and to have your name with these guys is such an honor. i am not pointing a finger at anyone cause i have the up most respect for all the members on here.i just don't understand what is going on. can anyone shed some light on this? thanks

SRTPWR
I believe some people just want to stay in the background & not be in the lime light. They still contribute & participate and are happy in that role. :Wow1:

If everyone wants to know my reasoning for me opting out. i will post the conversation i had with Theresa this is my side of the conversation only.

Originally Posted by Vanish
I wish to sit out the MOTM nomination process for a while.

I need to focus my energy on building up the Pittsburgh ZChapter for right now.

So i would appreciate you place my name on the not eligible list........

thank you Butch

Originally Posted by Vanish
Thanks Theresa

I know i should have said something a few days ago but it just slipped my mind totally.

The votes will be there later if i truly deserve them but there are a lot of great people out there that can fill that void.

I fill the first Year is a very critical time in starting a new Chapter and i need to pay close attention to fulfilling my objurgations as a MRM also.

I will let you know when i wish to be reinstated
Sorry should have done this sooner.

Thanks again.....Butch

It has nothing to do with anything at all.
I would love to win as much as anyone here but i believe someone else could use the nomination for MOTM as i am a little busy this month with the new chapter starting up.

And i am sorry i became a distraction to you all

Butch

1 - 20 of 38 Posts