Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with great pleasure that the Challenger ForumZ announces our August 2011 MOTM winner

Scat Pack

:head3: :w00t: :pepper: :ura1: :bananalama: :Banana01: :999: :woohoo:​

August was my two-year anniversary month as a member of Challenger Forum Z and winning the Member of the Month on this particular month is a momentous one for me. I joined up a week before I took delivery of my factory ordered 2009 Challenger R/T on 15 August. It was a rough time back in 2009 for those wanting to buy a new Challenger. With the bankruptcy of Chrysler and the shutdown of all its factories there was a real chance that my car would not get built. Even if my car did get built and delivered then how long would Chrysler last before it tottered and crashed for good? I was running a big risk in sticking with Chrysler. But decision made, I ordered my car in February and hoped that it would get built in time before Chrysler went terminal. That didn't happen (getting built that is) and I waited with uncertainty that Chrysler would find a buyer and production could resume. I imagined my car sitting nearly completed for months on the final assembly line at the Brampton plant. So after waiting five and a half months my car finally rolled off the line on the 3rd of August and was then shipped to my dealership in Springfield, Virginia. I joined the "Z" at the point when I was informed by my dealer that my Challenger was built.

The new Dodge Challenger is of course an awesome car. That’s why we all bought one. It may not be as quick as a new Mustang or Camaro, but the Challenger has a presence that excites the imagination and makes it the ultimate heir of the musclecar golden era. Important to say this is the only car that I’ve owned where it is a thrill to take out on the road, or just stare at it in the driveway. Only my old 1979 Trans Am gave me as much thrill much like it might have done to its original owner who in the late ‘70s thought that his Trans Am was the last true musclecar survivor closing out the end of an era.

Well, I initially joined the "Z" in order to glean some information for some mods I was planning to install and then maybe just fade away. That didn’t happen because not only was there so much useful stuff here but the people who are members of the Z are such a great and caring crowd. Having visited other car sites (yes, I was a “lurker”) I have seen the rudeness and pettiness that went on that one could think one was visiting a political blog site. I have to say so folks, and in truth you all know this, those kinds of attitudes aren’t here. My heartfelt appreciation goes out to the great administrators and moderators that keep the “peace” and keep the “Z” running smoothly day to day.

Mod wise, I am, and have been, experiencing exhaust opinion overload and I am at the point where I will just make my own decision and roll the dice. CRF8 on an exhaust thread summed it up nicely when faced with all of the members’ opinions, “I have read and read until I can read no more.”! I cannot fault the “Z” but rather confirm why I’m happy to be a member. Members seem to come out of the woodwork to offer their honest opinions along with personal experience.

My posting has increased since I’ve deployed. My work hours over here are long and irregular to say the least but as a staff officer I’m am working in an office environment where I have constant use of my workstation computer. So I am able to shoot out a post at anytime of the day or night. Being over here has been a killer because I read about everyone moddin’ and driving their Challengers on road trips or to events and I can’t do that. Now, I do see the big picture that I’m over here in Afghanistan to do my duty and so I shouldn’t complain. I am here for a year but I will redeploy in January so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Then it will be constant days behind the wheel of my “Lazy-Eyed Beast” TorRed Challenger. Thanks for all of your support!

Tim (Scat Pack)

Footnote: Being deployed means I have limited photos of myself to post here. The photo that I do have of me is at the Tiki Bar and Cigar Club at Camp Phoenix, Kabul at midday. At night this place is bustling with cigar aficionados in a genuine man-cave atmosphere. No liquor here due to the Armed Forces strict no-alcohol policy; only the finest assortment of cigars in the Eastern Hemisphere thanks to the many generous donations of cigars by cigar clubs and drinking establishments in the States.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Yup...Congrats, was a close race at first, then ya pulled on me!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Congrats Tim on the MOM victory, you deserve it ! :smileup:

Thanks for your great posts and your sacrafices for our Country !

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
49,525 Posts
Congrats, now get back home so you can drive.

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congratulations Tim! Thank you for all you do for the Z!

(I'll raise a Captain for you!)

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
CONGRATS Tim....well deserved:rockon:

I forgot the animations in my previous congrats to you.....PRRRR....

·
Now that was dumb!
6,003 Posts
WTG Tim!! Most deserved.

·
SOAL Challenger
1,326 Posts
Congratulations, well deserved! :smileup: Hang in there and keep up your obvious strong attitude. You'll be drivin' your Challenger before you know it.

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
Congrats on the win Tim ! And thank you for your service brother !

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Congrats on your well-deserved win! Hope the next five months go quickly and safely and that you'll be back with your Challenger soon!

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Congrats way to go
Be safe over there

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congrats

Hey just wanted to say congrats and im also right by kabul.... well kinda im at FOB Shank and i wish we had even one cigar around here!!lol

·
Premium Member
9,012 Posts
What a wonderful way to wake up and start my day!!! Congragulations on a win that "well deserverd" is an understatement by a long shot!! Everyone talks about how great the Z members are...well...if someone asked me for an example of that....you would be at the top of my list!! The Z is very fortunate to have you Tim....and the MOTM club is elevated by having you join it!!....Dan

1 - 20 of 53 Posts