1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Challenger ForumZ is pleased to announce our MOTM winner for December 2011

SRT PWR

:smileup::999::woohoo::ura1::4-jump1::ura:​

I first want to thank all the members who voted for me. This truly is an honour to join all the previous winners. Troy, Charlene, John, & Corbin deserve this award as much as me. They are great members & will win this award very shortly.

I joined the Z in January 2010 and did not realize how addictive it is. I can’t wait to drive my Challenger but I also can’t wait to get on line & see what is new on our site. It is a site where ALL members are treated with respect and it really doesn’t matter what model you own. We are all car people and share a common love. Hats off to everyone for keeping it this way!!!

My love for cars started in university a long time ago (mid 60’s). My dorm wall was plastered with pics of all brands of cars. I had a subscription to Car & Driver. In 1970 my wife & I went out to purchase my first Dodge. I had owned a 57 Chev & a 66 Corvair. We went to the car lot and there was a 69 Dodge Coronet Super Bee. It was a 440 – six pack, metallic green & a 4 speed with the black fiberglass hood & pins. The salesman got in to start it. It backfired & flames came out the scoop. I was sold. My mods started early as I had a Hurst shifter, headers, Mallory ignition, & drag slicks for it. I tried solid lifters but took them off, too hard to keep adjusted. I also took the heads off & polished/ported them at my work. I owned that car until 1985. When I sold it with 25,000 original miles I then owned Chevs & Buicks but came back to Dodge when I purchased a slightly used Dodge Ram. I owned 3 Rams with the last one being a 2005 black Rumblebee. It had a Procharger on it with 400 rwhp. In 2008, Dodge came out with the Challenger I wanted one. I traded my black Ram in for my 2010 B5 and have loved it ever since. Dodge did hit a home run with this vehicle. Enough rambling.

I try and go to as many meet & greets as I can. I have enjoyed every one and look forward to meeting as many Z members as I can. You all are part of my family now. Thanks again & HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone…..

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Congratulations John! What a way to close out the year!

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,118 Posts
Congrats John!!!! Well deserved!!! Welcome to the club!!! :D

:4-wavey:

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
49,628 Posts
Congrats John, you will be a great ambassador for the forum.

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
Congrats John ! You are a great help and a valuable asset to the Z. Thanks for all your contibutions. :smileup:

·
Old Hot Rod
3,203 Posts
Congratulations John, much deserved, sounds like were two of a kind, great narrative, see you at the All Chrysler Nationals.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Congratulations!! Nice way to start off the new year sporting a new badge!

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Way to go john you the man. Loved your write up. Enjoy. Happy new year to you what a way to start the year out

·
Premium Member
9,012 Posts
Every month we all say about how well deserved the MOTM winner is.....and it's always true. But this month....at least to me....that seems somehow even more true than usual.
CONGRADULATIONS John!!!!...in your Superbee green...LOL:D:smileup:

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Congratulations and well deserved!! Thank you for your contributions to this great forum.:smileup:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Congrats John on your Motm win!! I love to see that b5 either in front of me or behind me...(preferably behind me), I love your car and you and your wife are awesome to hang out with!! Hope to see you in the spring!! Loved the old school story...amazing!!

·
Premium Member
4,572 Posts
Congratulations John! What a way to close out the year!
Thanks very much T. 2011 was a great year for me.
I joined this forum & have loved every minute.

Congrats John!!!! Well deserved!!! Welcome to the club!!! :D

:4-wavey:
Wow John. I really never thought it would happen.
It is truly an honour.

Congrats John, you will be a great ambassador for the forum.
Thank you Corbin. As I said you will be joining this club very shortly.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.