Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything and everything related to the July MOTM Contest should be posted and discussed here!

Good Luck everyone :smileup:

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,115 Posts
Okay folks, why is everyone dropping and opting out here????????????????? :4-dontknow:

It seems as everybody that's dropped out is very deserving of a MOTM win. Come on folks....stay in the contest.....it's ALL GOOD!!!! :wavey:

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Okay folks, why is everyone dropping and opting out here????????????????? :4-dontknow:

It seems as everybody that's dropped out is very deserving of a MOTM win. Come on folks....stay in the contest.....it's ALL GOOD!!!! :wavey:
I think there are several reasons. I pm'd a member who has opted out. That member's reasons are on the positive side and don't take away from this honor. It is more of a "I'm not interested, but like to help as I can" sort of thing. I wish I could grab a bunch of badges and start handing them out to those I feel should have them, but that aint gonna' happen.

My general feeling about those who have opted out is that they just don't think it is a need they have to fulfill. Kind of makes me feel they deserve it more just because of that.
Just confirms that we have the best members of any forum!

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,115 Posts
I sorta agree with you Chris, BUT, these are the folks that deserve a win and should be decorated. Do we want to put a badge on someone who doesn't help out or is hardly on the Z much????

Now, don't get me wrong here....really, I'm not saying there's nobody left, but alot of the people I think deserve a win has opted out. :shakehead:

:i_rolleyes:

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
I totally agree with you, John. But what can you do? If they have a nature that doesn't want or need this, that is his or her choice. I guess the word "unselfish" was what I couldn't think of earlier. I'm glad we have them here and I told that member if they were ever to reconsider, let me know and I'd be happy to nominate them.

·
SOAL Challenger
1,326 Posts
Being fairly new here, I have to agree that some of the members I would like to nominate have declined or are already not eligable. I feel that unselfish would be the correct term, as it is apparent by the posts and information they share with the forum. This is an attribute, that as Coyote said, makes them the reason the Z is the way it is. As for badges, that may be some form of an idea. Maybe if there was some sort of system where members could silently recommend another for his help or positive attitude, the Moderators could make a "badge" for their profile, and after so many silent votes it would just be applied to that member's page?
Just an idea, because I think Oilslick is right about the recognition deserved by some.

·
Premium Member
4,572 Posts
I disagree with a badge or silent recognition. It decreases the awards that are earned & awarded by this forum. Should there be a criteria for nomination ( seniority, # of posts, # of threads )? If no one qualifies then the award is not presented for that month. Also some members just want to participate with no recognition. They are very happy with that situation. Enough rambling.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
not for nuttin,but do we even need awards?....pretty soon you will just be picking names out of a hat..Awards are ok,but the folks on the Z are going to help others,awards or no awards...and that is what is speical about Z members,and one of the reasons I haven't even looked at other boards...THE Z IS THE BEST!!!

mench... out!

·
SOAL Challenger
1,326 Posts
not for nuttin,but do we even need awards?....pretty soon you will just be picking names out of a hat..Awards are ok,but the folks on the Z are going to help others,awards or no awards...and that is what is speical about Z members,and one of the reasons I haven't even looked at other boards...THE Z IS THE BEST!!!

Agree 100%, I think most people on here feel as you have said.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
not for nuttin,but do we even need awards?....pretty soon you will just be picking names out of a hat..Awards are ok,but the folks on the Z are going to help others,awards or no awards...
This......

Reactions: Krazy Kim

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
not for nuttin,but do we even need awards?....pretty soon you will just be picking names out of a hat..awards are ok,but the folks on the z are going to help others,awards or no awards...and that is what is speical about z members,and one of the reasons i haven't even looked at other boards...the z is the best!!!

Mench... Out!
x2 ! ! !............

·
Registered
8,273 Posts

mench... out!

Agree 100%, I think most people on here feel as you have said.
This......
Amen to that,even though I have been awarded the honor and an honor it is, I help because i can and when I can just as all of you do and many others as well,and that's all that matter's.Good luck to all that are nominated for this month's MOTM in my opinion most of the Z's members are very deserving.:wavey::smileup:

·
"Gin'iro Ryuujin"
2,355 Posts
Keep MOTM and let folks decide if they wish to participate. To paraphrase Peelin, "we help because we can and when we can", and that is enough for some.:smileup:

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Keep MOTM and let folks decide if they wish to participate. To paraphrase Peelin, "we help because we can and when we can", and that is enough for some.:smileup:
Exactly. No one withholds or gives help here based on hoping for recognition. In fact, it is a race to see who can give the answer the fastest!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
i hope i'm not stepping on anyone's toes here.....but there are a lot of people here that have been very helpful to me. Most have already had the honor of MOTM. We have a core group that provides most of the info/help for whatever reason. I myself am surprised that I have so many posts, but mine are mostly questions. I'm trying to do better with pictures. :)

A possible solution may be a Member of the Quarter. For anyone who is unaware of this concept, we would pick a member for a 3-month honor. Lots of things can happen in 3 months. :)

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'm going to buy Mench a beer this weekend! Lots of good input beyond what Ron had to say....I'd better bring a cooler!

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I am not turning down that offer Bob,wow a beer from the guy that still has his first communion money,LOL,just kidding of course

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
I really like the MOTM contest and think we still need it!Sometimes i feel that im not worthy of wearing the badge(I almost opted out of it couse i knew others were more deserving) and i know a ton of members that deserve it more.But its a incentive to make you STEP UP and help even more Z members, I really like helping all members as much as i can but especially new members to make them feel more at home with the Z!Keep up the great work Z members!!

·
Dazed & Confused
35,841 Posts
I really like the MOTM contest and think we still need it!Sometimes i feel that im not worthy of wearing the badge(I almost opted out of it couse i knew others were more deserving) and i know a ton of members that deserve it more.But its a incentive to make you STEP UP and help even more Z members, I really like helping all members as much as i can but especially new members to make them feel more at home with the Z!Keep up the great work Z members!!
I agree and as far as I know the contest is not going anywhere. It is a way to give some sort of recognition to helpful members from all of our participating members. I think we had the largest number of nominees that we have ever had last month. Would love to see that trend continue. We have a lot of deserving members (unfortunately some have opted out for their own reasons) and more join everyday. Keep the nominations and votes coming folks! :smileup:

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,115 Posts
Sometimes i feel that im not worthy of wearing the badge(I almost opted out of it couse i knew others were more deserving) and i know a ton of members that deserve it more.
:hah: Oh, you're worthy of the badge Frank, you're just not worthy of driving anywhere without a navigation system. :gy: :D

:gy: :gy: :gy: :gy:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts