1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A big Congratulations goes out to friendoffur, our July 2011 MOTM winner
:head3: :w00t: :pepper: :ura1: :bananalama: :Banana01: :999:
:woohoo:​

I really don't know what to say to ya'll. (Hey...I can hear that laughter) With the fantastic group that make up the MOTM club...and the great bunch of members in the running this month….I never REALLY thought I would be writing this. To say this is an honor and a shock is putting it mildly! I would like to say a thing or two about the members who were up for MOTM this time… Torred_Hot…you are SOOOO overdue for this…and I know it HAS to happen SOON for you!!! Barry…I can’t tell you how nice it is to see you finally getting some recognition for all your contributions!! Gdrill…I think being kinda new here is the only thing between you…and an orange badge…you are a rising star for sure!! And 1BADDRT….all I can say is….dude…that is one GREAT job you have done on your car!!!!

It was only a year ago that I stumbled onto the Z...trying to learn about the "new technology" in my beloved Challenger. Clicking on this site was really just an accident of fate. The info was great...but really it was the people that hooked me and made the Z my very favorite place to go. I never thought an old school hot rodder like me, could learn as much as all of you have taught me...but more importantly...I found a place where there was a whole bunch of people I'd be proud to call...friends and family. I would be remiss if I didn't take this opportunity, to thank my very best friend in this world, my wife...Cindy!! We have been thru A LOT in our 33 years together, and I can honestly say..I don't think I'd even be alive today if God hadn't put her in my path! She knew we really shouldn't get the Challenger...it just wasn't practical or prudent in our situation, but she was willing to sacrifice and risk...to see me happy. Here is another honor...I don't believe I deserve!....

Speaking of sacrifice...I would also like to say a big THANK YOU to all the people who give so much of their time and talents to make the Z possible!! Man that HAS to be a lot of work and I for one SURE do appreciate it!! There is one more group of people that I feel I should say thanks to - Anyone who gets to know me at all...soon figures out that I'm just a little opinionated...and that I'm not at all shy about sharing my beliefs....even when that little voice in the back of my head is shouting...SHUT UP you idiot!!! LOL...So to all you who have suffered thru reading some of my post, that you do not like....THANKS!!…and please read my signature….LOL I once told John (oilslick) in a PM..that the two of us would be the risky choice for members relations. I think it was about a week after that...that the badge showed up on his page!!...LOL… Life is like a box of chocolates!

Now....I guess the 500 word part...is to make sure I talk about the connection between me and Mopar! Well...It's all a guy named John Wilkins fault!! Really!!...You see, I was living in Tampa Florida and just 15, and I didn't want to ride the bus to and from school ANY MORE!!...LOL... My dad however, was the kind that...if you want it ...you earn it, and I was thereby sentenced to a full summer off from school....working in the Moss Brothers car care center that my dad managed. I was doing oil changes and mounting tires in my sleep. Just as a side note….we did A LOT of brake jobs in that 10 bay shop…4 wheel drums where on just about everything back then and the cloud of brake dust from blowing out the brake assemblies with compressed air often made it hard to see from one end of the shop to the other!! Another of the hundreds of things I look back on and wonder how the heck I could still be around today!! ...LOL Anyhow….this is where I met John....and his 66 Plymouth Belvidere. John was the head mechanic at this shop....just married...and just out of the Air Force. For some reason (pity??..LOL) ...John and I connected despite a 7 or 8 year age difference...and soon we were doing all kinds of things in our off time...skeet shooting, fishing...etc. I have to admit...I was in LOVE with his car....still fairly new...perfect shade of red....a factory 4-speed....BUILT big block engine (John was a math genius…the likes of which I‘d never seen)....low rear-end gear set...and hooker headers that practically went straight into the dual glass packs, with no other piping!! A stark comparison was made when a friend of mine from school, with his 400...4-speed...I think 67 goat...drag raced John. Now I spent a good deal of time, as a passenger in that GTO, and I really thought it ran good. That GTO...looked like it was standing still. I never doubted John...when he told me that the only race he ever lost in his car...was once...to a Hemi...but this REALLY impressed me! The other thing that surprised me, was that John didn't care....whenever we were going somewhere in his car...if he was driving...OR ME!!! I've NEVER owned any other brand since...LOL I suffered thru the 80's and 90's...building 60's and 70's cars for our needs, and really never thought Chrysler would even survive...much less, once again build something like the Challenger!! Being how life has made me a bit pessimist...I'm usually GLAD...when I'm wrong!!...LOL...Sooooo..in closing...winning the MOTM is a big surprise, and a great honor...but the real win...was the day I found the Z...and all the people who make it what it is!!! Ya'll are the REAL winners…and I THANK YOU!!!!......Dan

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Congratulations Dan! A well deserved win!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Congrats FOF!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
That's great news. Congratulations Dan and welcome to the club. That's a great write up and I must say that I always look forward to your posts. I either learn something or laugh my arse off every time. Have a cold one on me brother!

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Congratulations, Dan. Your shout out to the other deserving members is a class act. But bud, this is your time. Enjoy! I look forward to your continued presence on the forum for your insight and knowledge. Rock on!

·
SuperCharged 512.2 RWHP
2,231 Posts
Congrats Dan!!! :smileup:

·
SOAL Challenger
1,326 Posts
Congratulations, I guess I can call you Dan now! :4-dontknow: You truly deserve this month's badge, and it shows by your comments, not just here but in all your posts. Thanx for your honest opinions and input.
:smileup::smileup: Two thumbs up buddy!

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Congratulations Dan,it is an honor very well deserved !!!!!!!!!! :wavey::smileup:

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
congratulations on your MOTM win... a long deserved honor! YOU DID IT!!! :smileup:

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
Congrats Dan, you are the man !

·
Challenger Old Guy...
6,527 Posts
Mom

FOF;

Congradulations on your award! All your efforts and hard work has now come
to bear fruit my friend....

Now take care and not get banned... :D

:smileup:

·
Premium Member
9,012 Posts
That's great news. Congratulations Dan and welcome to the club. That's a great write up and I must say that I always look forward to your posts. I either learn something or laugh my arse off every time. Have a cold one on me brother!
Well with the looks and memory all but about gone....humor is all I'm left with.....THANKS buddy....I'm allways looking for your post too!!!!!!:smileup:

1 - 20 of 94 Posts