Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Dazed & Confused
35,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A big Congratulations goes out to Coyote, our June 2011 MOTM winner :head3: :w00t: :pepper: :ura1: :bananalama: :Banana01: :999: :woohoo:

Wow. I never expected to be in this position. Knowing the names of previous winners, it is an honor. I was never an owner of anything close to a muscle car, but I had friends in high school that owned the likes of GTO's, Mustang's, etc. I always admired the Challenger back in the 70's but never even knew someone who owned one.

Fast forward 30 years. Late in 2008, I saw a Hemi Orange SRT out in the wild. I had no notion whatsoever that Dodge was coming out with this car again. But, I instantly knew that this was a Challenger. That's how good the engineers did in the design. My eyes were wide and glued on this car as it crossed my path. I told myself that I was going to have one of these beautiful cars. In 2009, Chrysler succumbed to a dismal economy (they shut down the factory) so that made my pursuit of this car that much more difficult. I was searching almost nation-wide for a Challenger--in white.

I was finally able to order one in April, 2009 from the factory that was re-opening in June. I was trolling the Z for a couple of months and even had some minor mods ordered before I had the car. After almost five months of waiting, my Angel came to town. At that point in time, it was one of only two Challengers at a dealer's lot in New Mexico. It was my first brand new car, first V8, and first pony car all rolled into one. Lucky me! It is not a show car, but I do enjoy making Angie look her best by adding mods as she is my daily driver and grocery-getter!

I can only hope to contribute in whatever way I can to this forum. It is THE best site for a Challenger lover to be--not biased, just a fact. The members here are friendly, knowledgeable, and quick to help anyone who asks a question or needs advice. It is a family atmosphere and I have felt embraced ever since I joined. Anyone can be a Challenger owner, but it takes a special person to own a Challenger in the spirit it deserves.

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,337 Posts
Congratulations Chris! You've contributed so much to this forum and helped make the Z what it is! It is a well deserved honor - wear that badge with pride my friend!:smileup:

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
It is my pleasure to say congrats!!! I can only wish to be the MOTM one of these days!!!

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
It is my pleasure to say congrats!!! I can only wish to be the MOTM one of these days!!!
Thanks. Go for it! We all work as a team here.

Congrats Chris!! Great reading your story, since it's almost exactly the same as mine! A well deserved honor for a much deserving member. Welcome to the club! :smileup:
Thanks, Rob. Nice to hear our stories are similar.

Congratulations Chris! You've contributed so much to this forum and helped make the Z what it is! It is a well deserved honor - wear that badge with pride my friend!:smileup:
Thank you, Theresa. I will definitely wear it with pride. Does Meguiars make a polish for this badge?

·
Premium Member
8,972 Posts
A most heartfelt congratulations, Chris! I have always enjoyed your posts! You are so deserving of this honor! :D :smileup:

·
SOAL Challenger
1,326 Posts
Yes, congratulations on your earned honor. :smileup: It's the attitude and atmosphere created by people like yourself that makes this forum what it is. :smileup:

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Congratulations.:smileup::smileup:
Nice story and you are right this forum is the best place for a Challenger owner on the net.

·
RWHP=463.3 RWTQ=456.1
2,340 Posts
Congratulations. A well deserved honor for the contributions and insights you share with the Challenger Z community.

·
Banned
10,372 Posts
congrats chris, a well dserved honor, welcome to the club.......:SHOCKED::Racing::beerchug::ura1::spinning::999::4-jump2::poze::leb::lockd::appl::banhim2:.....................................

·
Registered
915 Posts
Congratulations

:woohoo:

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
:smileup::smileup:Congrats Chris!!!!!:smileup::smileup:You have really stepped up to help make the Z what it is today!!Keep up the great work, i was rooting for you!!!:bananalama::bananalama::bananalama:

·
Premium Member
17,227 Posts
Congratulations Chris. You have brought a lot to the Z.
Well deserved ! :appl:

·
More Than Just A Car
20,428 Posts
Congrats Chris!!!.....well deserved and long overdue! I always enjoy your post /threads....keep em coming Bro!!

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
A most heartfelt congratulations, Chris! I have always enjoyed your posts! You are so deserving of this honor! :smileup:
Thanks, Adam. I appreciate it very much!

Yes, congratulations on your earned honor. :smileup: It's the attitude and atmosphere created by people like yourself that makes this forum what it is. :smileup:
Thank you. This is a great place to be.

Congratulations.:smileup:
Nice story and you are right this forum is the best place for a Challenger owner on the net.
Thanks! I agree.

Congratulations. A well deserved honor for the contributions and insights you share with the Challenger Z community.
Thank you!

congrats chris, a well dserved honor, welcome to the club.......:Racing::beerchug::appl:.....................................
Thanks, Mike! Keeping up with you is tough! lol

Congratulations

:woohoo:
Thanks!

Way to go.......... Congrats ! :smileup:
Thanks, Chadwick--much appreciated!

Congrats!

Thank you, Jim. I may just have to lighten the load for that baby after work! hehe

Congratulations Chris. It went to a very deserving member. Yes this forum is the place to be & you help make it what it is. Well done, you earned it.
Thanks for the thought!

Congrats on the win. Well deserved.:smileup:
Thank you very much.

Congrats Chris!!!!!:smileup:You have really stepped up to help make the Z what it is today!!Keep up the great work, i was rooting for you!!!:bananalama:
Thanks, Frank. (I'ma Bee!) :wavey:

Congratulations! Well deserved! :smileup:
Thank you!

Congratulations Chris. You have brought a lot to the Z.
Well deserved ! :appl:
Thanks, Art. You're one of the folks that keeps me coming back!

Congrats Chris!!!.....well deserved and long overdue! I always enjoy your post /threads....keep em coming Bro!!
Will do, Rob. How can we talk about a car so much? lol!

Reactions: vin57
1 - 20 of 64 Posts