Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have an 09 challenger SRT-8 its brilliant black with grey stripes and all options. Was wondering if it would be good to trade it in some time for an Inaugural Edition challenger or Yellowjacket. I know the IE's are number (X)-1,100. And the YellowJackets arent, but i think it would be cool to upgrade from my 6.1 to a 6.4 and get a special edition, or should i just keep my 2009 challenger.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Dident fully get what you were trying to say....
There seems to be, at least from what I have seen, that people on this forum like to talk about the next car they are going to buy. If they bought an SXT, they regret it because now they want the RT or they want the 100 year anniversary edition.

I mean no disrespect to anyone on the forum. I just fund some humor in trading a nice 2 or 3 year old car in for the next best thing they see or they have buyers remorse and did not buy the car they should have in the first place.

I tend to keep cars for a long time. I had my Magnum for 9 years before I traded it in on my Challenger, and I thought long and hard on which one to buy so I would have no buyers remorse.

So it really comes down to OPM, Other Peoples Money. Do what you want to do with your money and if you let me, I will try to help you spend it. LOL

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
if you are happy with the car you have, keep it. If not or you want to get something newer/lower miles, trade it. I'd stay away from getting rid of your car simply to get into a limited edition car...unless you are going to wrap it bubble wrap and hide it in a shed in the back 40 for the next 63 years before it gets discovered.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
I drove a Honda Civic for 17 years. I bought it new in 1993 and it was my primary driver for 15 years until I bought a new Accord in 2008. For the last 2 years I owned it, the Civic kept trying to commit autocide after I failed to take the hints that it was "time". Finally, after it failed it's final emissions test and I started worrying that the damned thing was old enough to start asking about college, I took it out for a "ride in the country" (OK, I really just sold it to the State of California for $1000).

But it was DAMNED nice not having a car payment for over a decade. Got to travel (a lot) and spend my money on things other than cars. The new Accord reset my priorities and actually prepared me for Challenger ownership in terms of how I plan to take care of my current pride and joy for the long haul. The R/T was my planned purchase from the start. The SRT8 is awesome, but I don't need it unless I'm heavy into bragging rights or plan to start some serious street racing.

So I'm not going to worry that my Challenger is a second or two slower getting to 60 mph than an SRT8. I get there fast enough as it is without getting me into trouble. After all, my Civic used to take 9+ seconds LOL. I really bought it for the gawker factor and the way I feel when I drive her. This is my last planned irresponsible, indulgent splurge before retirement and I'm going to enjoy the ride

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Just my 2 cents which might not be worth much! Follow your heart and if the deal works out that you are getting the best trade price for yours, upgrading to a 6.4 may be a good move. But really it comes down to why you want a 6.4. Is it to have the most powerful engine for resale value at a later date?

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Kind of hard for me to give you a good answer with out knowing what you are really after. If it was me...becouse of my desires...I would keep the one you have. It's a sharp car in a great color and most important to me....it has the stronger...superior....best for building Hemi of the lot. Not having VVT or MDS not only opens alot of doors for ease of increasing power...but also gives alot less to go wrong once the warranty is BYE BYE....JMO

·
Registered
123 Posts
392 is hands down a stronger/quicker motor, but not as mod friendly. Do you have a color you love? Is the IE your "dream" car?

I personally don't like the IE's, but that don't mean crap, buy the car you love and don't sweat it.

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
if you are happy with the car you have, keep it. If not or you want to get something newer/lower miles, trade it. I'd stay away from getting rid of your car simply to get into a limited edition car...unless you are going to wrap it bubble wrap and hide it in a shed in the back 40 for the next 63 years before it gets discovered.
x2 If you really want the IE or the YJ because of the bigger motor, or the color, go for it. There is little hope limited or special editions will gain any value in many of our lifetimes. The car is meant to be driven, and not just to be looked at.

You didn't say if you were the original owner, but the 09s were the only year that came with a lifetime power-train warranty for the original owner.

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
I would not do it purely from a monetary perspective. You will not be making money. Trade because you want more HP.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Don't trade it in.

Buy a second Challenger. Two is always better than one. The you can have a daily and your garage queen.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
You didn't say if you were the original owner, but the 09s were the only year that came with a lifetime power-train warranty for the original owner.
SRT warranty in 09 = 3/36. No lifetime, no 5/100 powertrain.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts