Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2011 R/T Classic 5.7 Automatic Exhaust Help

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Sosa 
#1 ·
Hi Im looking for some help deciding what exhaust to get for my 2011 R/T Classic 5.7 Automatic . Ive read a ton of posts and listened to the audio and watched videos .
Im looking to hear from you guys who have automatics .
Most of the Videos I can find are with Manuals .
What I am leaning towards are Corsa Extreme , Borla Atak or S-Type and the Solo Mach X . Or do I just do a mid muffler delete and be done with it .
Of course the issue with Drone is a concern when the MDS kicks in .
Im in Jersey (Monmouth County) so Id like to see if you guys know a quality shop to do the work ?
Ive had the Challenger for a year now and Im ready for a few mods . I honestly dont much about this stuff so any help would be great .

#3 · (Edited)
I removed the Resonators, added DynaMax Ultra Flo's ($275 installed).....I get little to zero drone when I drive in Autostick Mode (which is always).

If I had no problem with Budget, I would have gone with Corsa Extreme.

#5 ·
IMO, the Corsa Extreme is a great choice and the general consensus here is that this exhaust is drone free. This system includes exhaust tips. Its drawback is its relatively high price of $1400+.

I am considering getting either the Zoomers / Speedlogix exhaust system or the Magnaflow Street system. These two systems produce the sound I like and they are priced in the more economical $1000-$1150 range. Another reason I like these is that I want to keep the Mopar quad exhaust tips that I purchased on the car and these two systems are also available without tips.

#6 ·
Thanks for the input !
I followed the posts from moparmom . Her car sounds great with minimal drone .
Its a real good option !
I have also thought about zoomers but my worry is the drone with the automatic !
Id hate to spend the $$ only to be bummed out with the drone and have to spend more $$ . Thats the main reason the Corsa really appeals to me .
Im bringing my car in to have the timing chain addressed on Friday . Im going to talk to the guys at the dealership that services my car about my options .
I know one of the guys there has done some upgrades to his Challenger .
The posts from the guys with the muffler delete sound pretty darn good .
One of my thought is to go with the muffler delete for now then upgrade to a cat back down the road .

#8 ·
Just a heads up to you. If you are still considering Corsca, That is the special of the day at Auto Anything. Just today.

#10 ·
If money is not an issue go with the Corsa Extreme. If you want to save some cash go with Solo which is a really nice sounding system as well for a few hundred dollars less. From what I understand they have little to no drone. I would suggest Borla but I think you would encounter more issues with drone on your automatic.

Personal opinion here but again if money isn't an issue go with Corsa or Solo. You don't want to end up wanting more and doing this modification again down the road. (Take it from one who did.

#11 ·
I went ahead and had the mid mufflers deleted today . I just couldn't hold out anymore !
My car definitely sounds better !
I'll be the first one to admit I really don't know much about this stuff at all so Id really like to thank every one who has responded and helped me with this .
After having it for the day I will say yes I do want more !! But this simple mod was well worth it and does sound good .
The shop guys were great ! They suggested to live with it for a while and they can always make the changes down the road . They weren't pushy at all and didn't try to talk me into anything I wasn't ready for .
I went to www.kcscustomexhaust.com in Ramsey New Jersey . These guys were awesome !
Very helpful .
They told me they usually replace the mid mufflers and delete the resonators . They said the chance of minor drone would be there but nothing crazy and its all a matter of preference .
They had Magnaflow in stock .
I wasn't ready to do that so I just went with the delete . I was pretty worried about the drone with the delete I really can't hear any .
They also said the stock exhaust really is pretty darn good and with some simple mods can perform really well .
Im happy I got it done
Thanks !!

#12 ·
Now that you have your mid mufflers deleted, go ahead and delete your resonators too. Loud and proud!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.