Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have to give Dodge a thumbs up for this one. About a month ago I discovered both of my rocker panel covers were cracked at the rear. As most of you know this was a problematic issue for the 2011/12 model year. Dodge did a redesign along the way but my covers were out of warranty.

Called Dodge customer service and told them anyway. So they opened a case and said stop by a dealer have them take a look and maybe Dodge would . A month later, last Thursday actually I stopped by a dealer and they photographed everything and sent it up to customer service. I got a call the next day from the dealer saying Dodge would cover the replacement and the dealer had the parts in stock. I just need to set up an appointment.

Funny thing it took them over a month to approve a significant paint repair on my 2016 RAM but they were fast to come through on this. So if you have the issue arise call customer service they may do the right thing.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
54,846 Posts
Have to give Dodge a thumbs up for this one. About a month ago I discovered both of my rocker panel covers were cracked at the rear. As most of you know this was a problematic issue for the 2011/12 model year. Dodge did a redesign along the way but my covers were out of warranty.

Called Dodge customer service and told them anyway. So they opened a case and said stop by a dealer have them take a look and maybe Dodge would . A month later, last Thursday actually I stopped by a dealer and they photographed everything and sent it up to customer service. I got a call the next day from the dealer saying Dodge would cover the replacement and the dealer had the parts in stock. I just need to set up an appointment.

Funny thing it took them over a month to approve a significant paint repair on my 2016 RAM but they were fast to come through on this. So if you have the issue arise call customer service they may do the right thing.
Glad they took care of you, cracked rockers have been going on way before 2011.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yeah, almost every Challenger I have owned, (8 now) had to have those rocker panels changed except for the re-design in 2015, those look great still on my 2015 Shaker.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Where do they crack? We've had 3 with no issues. An '11 RT classic (sold), '13 SXT and a '15 Scat Pack. None with this issue.

·
Registered
425 Posts
From my 2008 to my 2012 all have cracked on the corners. My current 2014 and my 2015 do not have any issues, so far...

·
Registered
957 Posts
Huh. I'll have to look closer at ours then.

·
Registered
22,805 Posts
Glad they took care of you. I have seen this before with another brand, sometimes there are problematic parts which they may not have had an actual recall on but if customers come in and complain about them they will replace them for a time beyond the actual warranty of the vehicle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts