Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I had to buy the plastic rocker cover at the floor for my car. The donors was damaged and broken when the door was ripped off the car. Will cut the new slots for it and install this weekend. Heres a pic of it now and the new part. Pretty cheap surprisingly, was under 40.00. Then interior is about done.
20200818_193753.jpg
20200818_193804.jpg
20200818_193809.jpg

·
Trigger657
2,386 Posts
Just finished reading all the posts. I am really impressed with all the work you've done. Thank you for sharing it with us. Well Done..... (y)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
One of the many things I like is the Hood. Can you please tell me where you got it...?
Thanks for the compliments.
Hood is dodge factory part. 2019 redeye. I gave 840 for it and the inserts that go in it. The plastic air duct on the underside was another 36.00. I ordered it locally so the dealer had to worry about the shipping and any damages if there was any. Then had them deliver it to the company where i work.

·
Trigger657
2,386 Posts
Thanks for the compliments.
Hood is dodge factory part. 2019 redeye. I gave 840 for it and the inserts that go in it. The plastic air duct on the underside was another 36.00. I ordered it locally so the dealer had to worry about the shipping and any damages if there was any. Then had them deliver it to the company where i work.
Called the dealership over here and priced the 2 styles. The Redeye Hood = $801.25, inserts $43.00. Very Good! The Demon Hood = $873.00, insert $18.00. Also very good. I like the idea of the Dealership receiving them too. (y)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Called the dealership over here and priced the 2 styles. The Redeye Hood = $801.25, inserts $43.00. Very Good! The Demon Hood = $873.00, insert $18.00. Also very good. I like the idea of the Dealership receiving them too. (y)
To me it makes the most sense to go with the factory stuff. Lines up great and they bolt on with no issues. I looked into fiberglass hoods and cost was comparable to the factory stuff and i still had to worry about getting it shipped without damage.
Dont forget about the under hood trim plastic also.
20200821_111633.jpg

·
Trigger657
2,386 Posts
I made mine a true ram air with the hood and intake box. I sealed the bottom of the box and the hood and box make for a sealed unit. Also have the headlight duct in.
I need to make corrections to my last post. I just came back from the Dealership. Went to see them to get a pricing printout and to me it was still impressive. As you say, no body work needed drop-in fit. Only prep and paint. Probably go with 'Hot Rod Black'. I just need to figure which one I like Best. Red-Eye or Demon. Please show us a picture once the Beast is painted. Tannnnks...

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I need to make corrections to my last post. I just came back from the Dealership. Went to see them to get a pricing printout and to me it was still impressive. As you say, no body work needed drop-in fit. Only prep and paint. Probably go with 'Hot Rod Black'. I just need to figure which one I like Best. Red-Eye or Demon. Please show us a picture once the Beast is painted. Tannnnks...
View attachment 259363
Nice prices. Ive got a commercial account so i pay the net prices. Just cant go wrong with the factory stuff for body panels. Aftermarket is just as much and the quality isnt as good. I was thinking of the demon hood, but always liked the two scoops in the front over the big opening.
Ya it will be a bit before paint. Probably around jan/feb. I am buying parts to make the cam swap now and roller rockers are 1000 alone. Then springs with titanium retainers are 700. Got the 274 comp cam other day.
Make sure you post us some pics on whatever hood you get. Heres the part # for the underhood insert and what i paid for it.
20200821_162245~2.jpg
20200821_162250~2.jpg

·
Trigger657
2,386 Posts
Nice prices. Ive got a commercial account so i pay the net prices. Just cant go wrong with the factory stuff for body panels. Aftermarket is just as much and the quality isnt as good. I was thinking of the demon hood, but always liked the two scoops in the front over the big opening.
Ya it will be a bit before paint. Probably around jan/feb. I am buying parts to make the cam swap now and roller rockers are 1000 alone. Then springs with titanium retainers are 700. Got the 274 comp cam other day.
Make sure you post us some pics on whatever hood you get. Heres the part # for the underhood insert and what i paid for it. View attachment 259397 View attachment 259398
Tannnks

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
These where taken by SpaceX south of Brownsville, Tx
View attachment 259402
View attachment 259403
Looking great. Love the color with the demon wheels. What size tires did you go with? Any issues with rubbing?
You and i have the same body and i want to get wide wheels. Just hesitant about the inner fender lip. I know the '15 ups have them rolled. Just havent got mine rolled yet and dont want to tear up tires before i get them rolled

·
Trigger657
2,386 Posts
Looking great. Love the color with the demon wheels. What size tires did you go with? Any issues with rubbing?
You and i have the same body and i want to get wide wheels. Just hesitant about the inner fender lip. I know the '15 ups have them rolled. Just havent got mine rolled yet and dont want to tear up tires before i get them rolled
Barely touches the inside plastic. Had 315x35 on my 09 R/t and they cut on bumps or when loaded with people. Cut from the inside top of the fender well. This time I went with 305x35 r20 Coopers for the back and 275x40 r20s Coopers for the front, no probs. I don't race so they serve their purpose. Here is the receipt of the whole getup from Discount Tire. Got a bit over $200 back because of a Special they where running, little over a year ago.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Barely touches the inside plastic. Had 315x35 on my 09 R/t and they cut on bumps or when loaded with people. Cut from the inside top of the fender well. This time I went with 305x35 r20 Coopers for the back and 275x40 r20s Coopers for the front, no probs. I don't race so they serve their purpose. Here is the receipt of the whole getup from Discount Tire. Got a bit over $200 back because of a Special they where running, little over a year ago.
Thanks for the info. Not sure if im going to go with the redeye replicas or hellcat wheels. Just was worried about the tires scrubbing on the body lip. Ill get the 305's sounds like thats best way to go and yours has the look im after.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts