1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Challenger R/T Classic 5.7L
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my 2012 Challenger R/T Classic 5.7 L 5 speed going into the shop to
install a performance pkg. next week.
AirAid CAI, Kook long tubes, Borla ATAK exhaust, heads milled, valve job w/Hellcat
rockers, Comp 270/283 cam., dyno tuned. I would like to post photos and a before
and after db.recording if I can figure out how. I may have to get my 8 yr. old grandson
to help me.

·
Premium Member
3,065 Posts
Welcome to the ForumZ, looks like you're diving in the deep end of the upgrade pool hope all goes well for you! High Flow Cats or No Cats? Ry

Reactions: wvhemis

·
Premium Member
2020 T/A 392, GoMango
975 Posts
Looks like a nice package. Very popular 5.7 cam profile as well. Welcome from North Central Florida.

·
Premium Member
12,479 Posts
Congrats on your mods... be sure to share the results

Reactions: bandit992 and RyzRT

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the ForumZ, looks like you're diving in the deep end of the upgrade pool hope all goes well for you! High Flow Cats or No Cats? Ry
Don't know if I should answer that one

·
Premium Member
3,065 Posts
Reactions: bandit992

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Okay! finally have some pic to show. I expect to get the car back from the Dyno, tuned and ready to rock and roll this week. Ran into a problem with the Borla exhaust. It appears the previous owner was a teenage, high school stoner that did his work in shop class. Cut off all stock hangers and welded on his diluted idea of custom, so needless to say, stock hangers had to be ordered in and installed.

·
Premium Member
3,065 Posts
Beautiful! You have the RT "Ghost Stripe", I have not seen another black challenger locally with one, which kinda makes it special to me. In darker light you can barely even see it, but in the sun it really shows up. Your Challenger looks identical to mine when I first bought it, same rims and all. Nice! (y) Ry

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Beautiful! You have the RT "Ghost Stripe", I have not seen another black challenger locally with one, which kinda makes it special to me. In darker light you can barely even see it, but in the sun it really shows up. Your Challenger looks identical to mine when I first bought it, same rims and all. Nice! (y) Ry
Thank you, the old Crager style wheels really made an impression on me. I really like the homage it pays to the 70 Challenger

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I may be wrong, but I've read or heard, can't remember, that the mfg. (Dodge,Ford, Chevy) use brake horse power and other tricks when they make HP claims for their cars. If that is true and you figure that appx. 15% HP loss between the fly wheel and rear wheels, that's about 55 horse. If that is the case, then the actual RWHP for an advertised 375 is more like 325+. Conversely, if you busted out at 434 RWHP you've added over 120 HP. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is my understanding. Just saying...

·
Registered
519 Posts
I may be wrong, but I've read or heard, can't remember, that the mfg. (Dodge,Ford, Chevy) use brake horse power and other tricks when they make HP claims for their cars. If that is true and you figure that appx. 15% HP loss between the fly wheel and rear wheels, that's about 55 horse. If that is the case, then the actual RWHP for an advertised 375 is more like 325+. Conversely, if you busted out at 434 RWHP you've added over 120 HP. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is my understanding. Just saying...
The first run on the dyno before any work got 350 hp. at the rear wheel, so it made more that 325 crank.

·
Registered
77 Posts
350 at the wheels is still plenty. My first car was an eagle talon se 1.8 ltr rated at 100hp going up a steep hill with 4 people in a car in Ohio winter was always comical 🤣🤣🤣

1 - 20 of 29 Posts