Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching the forum, and using the internet...... I have a very specific question as it relates to our Challys.

My car has the "STP" or Super Track Pak option. I have yellow Bilsteins on all 4 corners. The car is basically a toy.

My question is with the "STP" suspension. I am going to lower it as soon as the weather turns. Given that the car already has "Super Track Pak" does it make sense to do coilovers?

I thoroughly understand the benefits of coilovers, and the cost involved. I only plan on changing the suspension once. Am I defeating the point of "STP" by installing coilovers, or am I better off saving $1500 and doing the Mopar Stage 1 Lowering Springs?

Thanks so much for the input......

DK

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
The real benefit to Coilovers verses the STP with Springs is the ride adjustability, the performance gains will be minimal.. I have Hotchkis Springs in mine with full Bilstein Shocks and Struts and she rides and handles extremely well.. I have done many sets of Coilovers but for my needs they just didn't fit my budget.. I would rather install Springs and the Hotchkis Sways..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I work in a dealership. My dealer (not Mopar) has a Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealership in our family so I can buy the Mopar Sways cheaper than I can get the Hotchkiss. I have given this alot of thought, and I think that the springs and anti-sways is the direction that I will take.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.