Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 RT, push to start ignition. Yesterday something happened that I can't explain. I stopped at a fundraiser car wash for the local school and got the car washed. When they were finished I get in, press the brake and hit the push button. Car starts up, I put it in drive and the engine shuts off. I put it back in park and go to restart it and I notice the anti theft is on (red light blinking on the gauge). The car was just cranking for a good 5 seconds before it stopped. I had to wait some time and then it fired up just fine and I drove off. Little embarrassing happening in front of about 20 people. This has also happened to me one other time, although I thought maybe it was just a fluke, but after this second I'm concerned it may be something actually wrong? I bought the car BRAND NEW, 10 test drive miles on it, and I'm only sitting at just over 10,000 miles as of now. I wouldn't think something went seriously wrong with the car in that short of time as I take care of her VERY well. Any ideas?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hope you find the answer your looking for, I have a 2013 RT myself so it would be interesting to hear if anyone else has encountered this problem...........goodluck

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,405 Posts
Nothing like that has happened to me with my 2013. Anything unusual happen as they were washing the car??? Can you think of what you were doing the first time it happened. Maybe something going on that triggered this?????

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nothing like that has happened to me with my 2013. Anything unusual happen as they were washing the car??? Can you think of what you were doing the first time it happened. Maybe something going on that triggered this?????
First time it happened I was out to eat with the fam. Got out, locked my doors, went and ate and when I got in to start the car it happened. At the car wash, I got out, locked my doors, was mingling with people, unlocked the doors and went to start it and it happened. The first time was maybe about a month ago. And this time was just yesterday.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just trying to get some ideas and opinions before I walk into the stealership blind and my wallet possibly get taken to the cleaners. Hopefully if there is something wrong it's covered under the warranty. Anyone know of any possible recalls if any that may be causing this?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it happened again just this morning as I was leaving to head to work. Unlocked the doors, got in, pressed the brake down and hit the push to start. She started right up then shut right back down. Now the past two times, I tried to start it right back up and the anti theft would kick on. This time, I released the brake, hit the push botton to put the car back into off mode, got out and locked the doors then unlocked them again and got in. Car started right up and did NOT shut off and was fine. This is now the third time in the past month that it has started right up then shut right back down. Guess it's time to take her to the dealership to get checked out :\....

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
Try taking the button out and using the Fobik to start the car. Also, maybe change the CR battery. They can do some weird things when they start to go bad.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try taking the button out and using the Fobik to start the car. Also, maybe change the CR battery. They can do some weird things when they start to go bad.
It just seems odd to me if things are already starting to go bad, as I've not even had the car for a year yet. I bought it brand new last November from my local Dodge dealer.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the verdict is in. It's the WIN (wireless ignition node) according to the dealer. Went Saturday and the new part is on the way. No cost to me as it's covered under my warranty. Hopefully this is really what's wrong and fixes the problem. Until then, back to the old fashioned key in the ignition way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts