Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question...
I purchased the Blacktop Package on a 2014 R/T Plus Challenger.
I know they take the gear down to a 3.02...
Would that effect the HP rating on the car? And if so, what is the Stock HP on a Blacktop R/T Plus???

THANKS GUYS!!!!

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
As jklotz10 mentioned, the rear differential gearing does not affect HP, but transmission choice does. Since you state the 3:02 ratio, you likely bought an automatic. HP is 372 on automatics (375 for 6 speeds), but I believe the torque remains the same.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Quick question...
I purchased the Blacktop Package on a 2014 R/T Plus Challenger.
I know they take the gear down to a 3.02...
Would that effect the HP rating on the car? And if so, what is the Stock HP on a Blacktop R/T Plus???

THANKS GUYS!!!!
I almost bought the same car but I have hard water and them dark colors are so much work to keep clean, I have had more black vehicles than all other colors combined but I hate the work LOL Are you sure you don't have the 3.06 ? I'm pretty sure that's what my redline has 3.06 and the blacktop was the same and as mentioned above with the auto it has 372 hp. Congrats on that sweet looking car :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a 3.06. I was mistaken. I"M NEW....LoL.
I'm just looking for a base line so when I get done with all of my mods, I can see the improvement.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I would check under the car and find the part number on the differential pumpkin. SOME automatic R/Ts ended up being built with 3.73s and 3.92s. Not a lot, but enough to warrant some investigation :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Congratulations man. I love the blacktop package on the RT. It looks awesome. Post some pics! Hope you enjoy it, you know everyone else staring at it will ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts