Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else happen to know what may cause this? All of my service lights pop on, says cannot read key fob, says car is in park when its really in drive, switches over to manual and stays in 1st gear…and yes this all happens at one time……I have a new alternator and battery installed by the way

Also, every dealership around me told me that I wouldn’t be able to get my car serviced for at least 3 weeks :(

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
1,870 Posts
Check the battery and alternator connections. Last thing touched and all that.

If they are good it could be a bad battery or a bad alternator. Sure to have either one fail so new is rare but not unknown.

Not a fan of this but some have encountered similar electrical misbehavior and have disconnected the battery for a while. If you go this route be sure you turn off the engine remove the key and turn off all parasitic loads and follow the guidelines in the owners manual regarding how to disconnect and reconnect the battery. Get this wrong -- like mix up the battery leads -- and you will have some real serious problems to deal with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check the battery and alternator connections. Last thing touched and all that.

If they are good it could be a bad battery or a bad alternator. Sure to have either one fail so new is rare but not unknown.

Not a fan of this but some have encountered similar electrical misbehavior and have disconnected the battery for a while. If you go this route be sure you turn off the engine remove the key and turn off all parasitic loads and follow the guidelines in the owners manual regarding how to disconnect and reconnect the battery. Get this wrong -- like mix up the battery leads -- and you will have some real serious problems to deal with.
Ok thank you, will try that

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
1,194 Posts
Check your vin for any recalls if you find any contact local dealer and get them fixed, the SXTs had some Alt Recalls mine did.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the recommendations, looks lime I have to take it to the dealership this week, tried everything here and still nothing

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks for the recommendations, looks lime I have to take it to the dealership this week, tried everything here and still nothing
Hi Drewo87,
We sincerely regret to hear of your trouble. If we can be of any additional assistance as you are working with your dealer, feel free to send us a private message. We'd be more than happy to help.

Rob
Dodge Cares

Reactions: Drewo87

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SXT Plus
4,309 Posts
Update….

turns out it was a failing power steering pump, hopefully once that gets swapped out I’ll be back to normal
Thanks for the update.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts