Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Challenger ForumZ is pleased to announce our MOTM winner for July 2014

climberccm

First, let me congratulate all the nominees. Each of you and your contributions to the Z make the forum a great place to learn about our cars and meet new friends.

Second thanks to all the Z members. I have met and not met. I have become friends with so many great people. I met this Krazy lady in purple and her husband who has the worst luck on autocross. I was honored to meet the dying brother of a Z member who loved muscles cars. I met this crazy young kid, the son of an Air Force Colonel who had a Hemi Orange Classic. I met a milkman who started out in a Black SE and ended in a purple crazed RT. I met this guy from Staunton who had a camera that looked to be as expensive as the SRT8 he drove. I met another guy who’s theme at all our car shows was Chucky. Interestingly while in the Air Force he was a butcher working in the commissaries (military groceries stores) around the world. I also met this lady from Keys in Florida who would fly up to our neck of the woods to meet her Z Family… oh yeah … and her real family.

Because of the Z I got introduced to Gatlinburg Tennessee and the Great Smokey Mountains. I driven the Tail of a Dragon. Because of the Z I learned how to transform my car into what I wanted it to be.

The things I have learned from Mike (bigsnake), SRT Andy, DieselDave24, williams rt, Andy at PWR and a slew of other folks and vendors on this forum helped me transform the car into what I wanted. The car’s ongoing transformation has been a labor of love, started by the love of a very special lady.

In 2009 my wife (Robin) and I were in Williamsburg Virginia for our anniversary. We were on the way to the Yankee Candle Factory outlet when she and I both spied this silver car sitting at the entrance to the dodge dealership. I slowed down to prolong my look but eventually pressed on to the candle factory.

Once there I dutifully followed my wife into the store pushing the shopping cart. Indeed it was a harrowing experience as I dodged this lady or that lady as the customers raced to take advantage of a 30% off sale. After about 25 minutes of cart avoidance driving and the procurement of a crap load of candles we still have, we left the factory.

As we were pulling out to go onto the next outlet store, Robin said, “go on back to the car dealership, you know you want to look at the car.” So instead of right we went left and back to the dealership. I pulled into the entrance behind the challenger and just as we stopped a young salesman comes out the door. Robin looks at me and back at the salesman and says, “Well here comes the vulture!”

I get out the car and begin walking around the challenger. The salesman tries to give me all the stats and I politely listen because I’m not in the market for a new car. He asks me if I would like to take it for a drive and I agree, who wouldn’t. Robin moves our vehicle to the customer parking and off the salesman and I go in the Challenger. I get on the car a little and I’m amazed at the power and the smoothness of the ride. The salesman asks me what will it take to get me in the car and I smugly say convince my wife, thinking to myself she will never agree to get this beast.

We pull back into the dealership and as I stop the car the salesman gets out and sees Robin and says, “He said if you agree he’ll buy the car.” Robin says without missing a beat, “If he thinks we can afford it he can have it.” Thirty minutes later I drove the car off the lot. The car means a lot to me because it was given to me by my best friend and love of my life, Robin.

OK enough sentimental stuff. Thanks once again to all the Z members. You all make this a wonderful place to meet new people and learn about what brought us all together, the Challenger.

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's always fun being one of the first to be able to congratulate the MOTM winner....Congrats Al! Long time coming and very well deserved!

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
AL - great story - I LMAO reading about your Yankee Candle experience, I betcha you and I are not the only spouses who have suffered that indignity!

Hearty Congrats on MOTM - wear the badge proudly!!!

To the runner-ups, keep at it, your turn will come my friends!

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,566 Posts
I've heard that procurement story before, Al, and I must say, I still enjoy it! And I'll bet the salesman would wet himself if you took him for a ride now!

Honestly, I congratulate you on an honor well deserved and a long time coming! You've been one of my closest friends since the day we met at the BK cruise-in. I always look forward to sitting down and talking to you at the seems like all too infrequent times we're able to get together!

That Orange Badge truly looks good underneath your member name! :appl::appl::appl::appl:

·
Premium Member
18,521 Posts
Congratulations on this well deserved award ! You've brought a lot to the Z over the years. Your story was very enjoyable.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts
Congrats, Al! Very deserving and as Theresa mentioned, long time coming. Enjoyed reading your bio and the origins of your Hemi passion. You have a wonderful wife in Robin who obviously supports your enthusiasm for your Challenger. Wear that O-badge with pride! :smileup:

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,477 Posts
A big congratulations Al! A long overdue and much deserved honor. Glad to see that orange badge under your name!!!

·
Longing for spring
2,215 Posts
Congrats! I really enjoyed reading your story about getting your Challenger. It looks great to in that silver color.

·
801 RWHP
8,521 Posts
Congrats Al. Great story. Happy wife happy life. But it works both ways. These cars truly do catch the eye.

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
Congrats Al ! Great story !

·
12,990 Posts
Congrats on your win Al, well deserved and long overdue!!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,748 Posts
Congrats Al, a very overdue and deserving win. Very nice write up, it must have been a very special day for you to remember it so well. Kudos to your wife and hope you spend some more time here if you can.

·
"Gin'iro Ryuujin"
2,355 Posts
It's always fun being one of the first to be able to congratulate the MOTM winner....Congrats Al! Long time coming and very well deserved!
Thanks Theresa

AL - great story - I LMAO reading about your Yankee Candle experience, I betcha you and I are not the only spouses who have suffered that indignity!
Hearty Congrats on MOTM - wear the badge proudly!!!

To the runner-ups, keep at it, your turn will come my friends!
Thanks. Couldn't agree more on the store. It was dangerous in there.

I've heard that procurement story before, Al, and I must say, I still enjoy it! And I'll bet the salesman would wet himself if you took him for a ride now!

Honestly, I congratulate you on an honor well deserved and a long time coming! You've been one of my closest friends since the day we met at the BK cruise-in. I always look forward to sitting down and talking to you at the seems like all too infrequent times we're able to get together!

That Orange Badge truly looks good underneath your member name! :appl::appl::appl::appl:
Thanks Dan. You and others like you make this forum the best. I was honored to meet you and your brother at BK.

Congratulations on this well deserved award ! You've brought a lot to the Z over the years. Your story was very enjoyable.
Thanks, for your contributions. I have learned a lot reading your posts.

Congrats, Al! Very deserving and as Theresa mentioned, long time coming. Enjoyed reading your bio and the origins of your Hemi passion. You have a wonderful wife in Robin who obviously supports your enthusiasm for your Challenger. Wear that O-badge with pride! :smileup:
Thanks. She is a great woman.
A big congratulations Al! A long overdue and much deserved honor. Glad to see that orange badge under your name!!!
Thanks Betty. I really gotta get out to your neck of the woods and see those wide open spaces.

Congrats! I really enjoyed reading your story about getting your Challenger. It looks great to in that silver color.
Thanks very much.

Congrats Al. Great story. Happy wife happy life. But it works both ways. These cars truly do catch the eye.
Yes it does work both ways. Gotta back home to NJ and link up with you. Hope the car is doing well.

Congrats Al ! Great story !
Thanks very much. You are one many who helped me understand our cars. Many thanks

Congrats on your win Al, well deserved and long overdue!!
Thanks. I appreciate your kind words. It's good to see all us "old" guys having fun with these cars. :eek:ld:

Congratulations Al! Well deserved and way too late coming. Great story, I really enjoyed the read!
Thanks Joe. You are one of the reasons this forum is so great. Thanks for all you do for us.

·
"Gin'iro Ryuujin"
2,355 Posts
Congrats Al, a very overdue and deserving win. Very nice write up, it must have been a very special day for you to remember it so well. Kudos to your wife and hope you spend some more time here if you can.
Thanks I appreciate the kind words. Yeah the wife is a special lady. Thanks for your contributions in the forum.

Congrats Al!! Long overdue for that badge. Great write up too - It sounds like many of us have our Challengers because of that special person in our lives!
Thanks. Appreciate the kind words. Yeah, I think many of us are blessed with a better halves who truly understands our love for these cars. Like Dodgeguy above thank you for your contributions to the forum.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Congratulations on the win! Loved reading your write-up and look forward to all your posts!!:smileup:

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Congratulations Al, it is well deserved and a great story!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts