Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Challenger ForumZ is pleased to announce our MOTM winner for June 2014

ninjadave

Wow! To be nominated for MOTM on this amazing site of like-minded enthusiasts, let alone be selected, is simply awesome! Joining the ranks of previous MOTM winners is an honor and a privilege. I sincerely thank you for the recognition, Z community!

I would like to thank all those that voted for me! It's so hard each month to make that decision on who to choose, and for those that placed that confidence in me I truly appreciate your recognition! I would also like to recognize the other nominees (cdahl383, jarhead11, Shanes13, and 345_CHLNGR). They are all solid members here and I've enjoyed reading posts from each of them! Keep up the quality work; it's these types of contributions that make the Z the wonderful place it is!

My history of cars is not a unique one, I was your typical kid with muscle car and super car posters on his wall drooling over things I knew I would never own. When I first learned how to drive it was in an old 5 speed Toyota truck... I instantly fell in love. I knew right then me and shifting gears were meant to be. Reality slapped me in the face though with my first vehicle that I bought for $1 from a family friend. It was the epitome of a junker... a 4 door car that burned as much oil as gas, constantly stuck between 1st and 2nd, a real wonder it even ran. Had that car for a few months then sold it to a junk yard for small profit. The second was a small 5 speed, 4cyl Nissan truck, also acquired for $1. I loved that little beater. Got amazing gas mileage and my love for shifting re-emerged. Unfortunately my truck's life came to an end one day... as I was headed down the highway a less than observant driver pulled out in front of me and I had enough time to scream, "Holy shiiii" while slamming on the brakes only to witness the front end of my truck crumple like a coke can. I was ok, physically, but emotionally it tore me up. It was the first vehicle that I truly loved (and modded!) and it was gone. Ironically I was headed to Speech Class that day to give a speech on seat belt safety. Yes I had mine on, only the next day when I actually made it to class I was now equipped with pictures of why seatbelt safety is important, my horribly scrunched truck! After that I was car-less for quite some time, bumming rides and borrowing vehicles. Driving was something that I no longer enjoyed as I had nothing to call my own. It wasn't until years later I would acquire another hand me down in the form of a Ford Explorer. Fun.

Fast forward a bit... My journey to the Z and Challenger ownership starts back in 2012, but an argument could be made it started in 2009 when I saw that first Hemi Orange SRT in the parking lot of where I worked at the time! I was employed at a local grocery store as a cashier and was outside wrangling up some stray carts when I saw it. I stopped dead in my tracks, and thought, "What in the heck is that?!" I refused to walk back inside until the owner came out and fired it up. Unfortunately the owner must have been doing some serious shopping because after 10 minutes (and a lot of gawking on my part) no one came out. I looked over at my Explorer in disgust, asking the car gods why I couldn't be blessed with such a fine piece of machinery. After a few more minutes of waiting I decided to head back in as I figured my boss wouldn't accept "Sorry for disappearing, I was drooling over a car" as a legitimate excuse for shirking responsibilities so I headed back inside full of questions and wonder about that amazing machine.

A few years after that I had been saving up for quite some time on something that didn't quite pan out, so one day I thought, "Ya know, I think it's time to splurge on myself for once." So I started researching vehicles. Almost every single time I had a question or concern about Challengers that I posed to Google it led me right here to the Z. After enough times of ending up on this site I thought, "What the heck am I wasting time googling for, why not just check out what this site is up to?" So after a year of research I joined the site and shortly thereafter became an owner of this car we all love and share a borderline obsession/enthusiasm for!

The Z to me is honestly the best forum I've ever had the privilege of being a part of. Being on the internet (especially where you interact with others) is a scary enough concept, but this forum is the glistening exception to the rule. The camaraderie and laid back environment here is what keeps me coming back daily. The wealth of information I've received, the friendly banter, and over all experience I've come to enjoy over my membership here has been more than I could have ever asked for from a forum. Becoming a subscribed member for me was no question, just a small way I could say thanks and give back to a community that has given me so much.

Lastly, I want to thank the Administrators for creating such a wonderful website where we can all come together and enjoy our collective passions! I would also like to thank the Moderators who do such a wonderful job keeping this forum the family, friendly environment I've come to know and love! To be a part of this community is an honor in itself, to be chosen as Member of the Month is simply humbling. Thank you Staff and thank you my extended Z family!

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Congrats Dave! Wear that hemi orange proudly!

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Congrats Dave, well earned!

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,433 Posts
Dave, a hearty congratulations to you, our newest MOTM! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story!! I think most of us have driven those beaters in our past too!! Great story! Orange badge will look so good under your name!!

Reactions: ninjadave

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
Congrats Dave!!!! Well deserved!!! :smileup: :smileup:

:wavey:

·
12,989 Posts
Congrats on your win, well deserved!!

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Yay, Dave! You deserve it. The Z is great because it is a collective effort from all like-minded members that keeps it humming along. Thanks for all your contributions and many more to come. Congratulations!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,655 Posts
Congrats Dave, dang it, keep up the good job,and great write up.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts

Dave, I am soooo sorry!

Your ex-SXT asked if she could borrow my Z account, telling me she that wanted to post a sale ad for the chromed NinjaDave
SXT 4EVER
license plate frame you bought for her last year. I had no idea she was planning to post this... :shakehead:

LOL! :D Congrats on the well deserved recognition, buddy! Very cool story (where can I find these $1 beaters?).

Display that orange badge with pride! :smileup:

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,516 Posts
Congratulations, Glasshoppa! :appl::appl::appl::appl:

Wear that Orange Badge proudly!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Congrats Dave! Wear that hemi orange proudly!
Thanks Theresa, I wiiiiiiiiilll! :D

Congrats Dave! Well deserved win!
Thank you Joe :smileup:

Congrats Dave, well earned!
And thank you Jim! :Hey:

Dave, a hearty congratulations to you, our newest MOTM! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story!! I think most of us have driven those beaters in our past too!! Great story! Orange badge will look so good under your name!!
Thanks Betty! Actually my car history is full of beaters, I just didn't want to bore everybody with all of them lol! Now if only I could figure out how to wash and wax that sweet new orange badge! :D

Congratulations Dave ! Well deserved.
Thanks Art! :smiley_thumbs_up:

Congrats Dave!!!! Well deserved!!! :smileup: :smileup:

:wavey:
Thanks John! :woohoo:

Congrats on your win, well deserved!!
Thank you Alan! :rockon:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Yay, Dave! You deserve it. The Z is great because it is a collective effort from all like-minded members that keeps it humming along. Thanks for all your contributions and many more to come. Congratulations!
Thanks Chris! The Z is a wonderful, wonderful place! So glad I found it, even more happy to be a part of it! :smileup:

Congrats Dave, dang it, keep up the good job,and great write up.
Ha! Dang it Corbin :gy: Thanks so much!

Congrats Dave! well deserved for sure....keep on a post'in.....enjoy them all
Thank you Rob! :ura1:

Way to go Dave!!! :smileup:
Thanks Dan! :Banana01:

Congratulations, Glasshoppa! :appl::appl::appl::appl:

Wear that Orange Badge proudly!
I will certainly do so, thank you so much Dan! :smileup:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Katy, it's over. I'm sorry. I loved you. It wasn't me, it was you. No, I got that right. You just didn't have enough..... "oomph" for me. We'll just leave it at that. Now stop driving by my house so late at night and revving your engine. It's becoming stalkerishly scary! :str:

Dave, I am soooo sorry!

Your ex-SXT asked if she could borrow my Z account, telling me she that wanted to post a sale ad for the chromed NinjaDave
SXT 4EVER
license plate frame you bought for her last year. I had no idea she was planning to post this... :shakehead:

LOL! :D Congrats on the well deserved recognition, buddy! Very cool story (where can I find these $1 beaters?).

Display that orange badge with pride! :smileup:
John, can't believe you siding with the enemy! I'm now going to be watching you very closely! And that's the last thing you want from a ninja, is extra attention! :budo:

But thanks for the congrats brother! :D And as far as the $1 beaters, I just had some really great friends of the family growing up that was willing to help a poor boy out with a ride! Now that I'm all growed up no more rust buckets for me! :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
801 RWHP
8,517 Posts
Congrats Dave. WTG bud. And to think you got the badge without having to live on Raman noodles for it. Score.

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
Congrats Dave ! Great write up !

1 - 20 of 79 Posts