Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Challenger ForumZ is pleased to announce our MOTM winner for March 2014

MommaBetty

What an honor to be selected as Member of the Month by this great forum with so many wonderful people. The other nominees, kilo 1, ply67cuda, and coolbreeze are very deserving. I hope you each receive the MOTM badge soon. To me what makes the forum unique and so interesting is meeting people from all walks of life, and all age groups. Members from California to New Jersey to Canada, each sharing their car stories. Every member has driving adventures in their own towns, cities and drag strips! I have learned so much from all of you. Thank you all so much!

I grew up in "Chevy Country", so I had a lot to learn when I purchased the Challenger. When I first saw this concept car in one of the car magazines, I loved it! It immediately struck me as classic old school muscle. I am not sure when my love of classic muscle cars began. Was it in grade school, when I cut all those car pictures out of the Life Magazine, then pasted them in my scrape book?

Was it watching my older brother work on his cars and going to the drag races? Maybe it really began in about 1967-68. My high school girlfriend dated guys with cool cars! She drove a big, baby blue V-8, 2-door Pontiac Starchief. That car pretty much sucked gas like crazy. The gage was always on E! I think she instilled in me a love of the open road, cruising and listening to any and all rock music full blast. In the '70's, I loved going to the Saturday night stock car races. Those are now a thing of the past, but I did get to drive in the Powerpuff Demolition Derby once. One of the guys at the track borrowed me his helmet, and the next thing I know, I was crashing into those cars in the ring. A lot of big old Cadillac's got destroyed!

Fast forward to present day, and I am so fortunate to own this beautiful Challenger. My husband and I farm and ranch in Southwest South Dakota. When I am not detailing or cruising JazzBlueBaby, I enjoy flower gardening, raising fruit trees, canning, sports, and volunteering in our local 4-H program. We have a grown son, who is twenty-three, has his own welding business, and is working in the oil fields of Wyoming.

I love South Dakota and Nebraska. There is room our here to cruise the open roads, as I loved in high school. I didn't own a brand new car until I was 35! I drove some real rust buckets in the '70's. I never thought I would be able to afford a Challenger. I owe a great deal to all of my new Challenger friends on this forum for your help, friendship, and knowledge of this beautiful car.

I am looking forward to this year, as I plan to take many trips in the Black Hills of SD and the Sandhills of Nebraska. I just purchased a new camera, so I will be sharing my adventures with all of you. My recent journey was so much fun, and even more fun to share with all of you! Thank all of you for this new badge, Member of the Month.

MommaBetty

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Congrats Betty! Welcome to the Orange Badge club!

·
12,990 Posts
Congratulations Betty!! I knew it was your time and you certainly have earned your orange badge!! Great write up too! I wish you the best in the future.

·
Registered
22,665 Posts
Congratulations Betty on a well deserved win, I'm looking forward to those pictures from your upcoming travels. :smileup:

·
Believe . . . . . . just believe!
6,055 Posts
:smileup: From one mid-westerner to the other, Congratulations!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Congrats MommaBetty! An award truly deserved.

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
Congrats Betty!!!!! :smileup: :smileup:

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
A big congratulations Betty!!!!...You know...There are some people when they break onto this forum you just know....That one is going to be a member of the month sooner rather than later.:D:smileup:

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Congratulations, Betty! You're a great member who continually contributes to make this site the best out there.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Way-t-go Betty !! A BIG congrats & Well deserved ! I always enjoy your posts. I think it's kinda special to see and hear from a car gal. There aren't too many of you, you know. Looking forward to seeing cool pictures from that beautiful Black Hills area with your beautiful Challenger.

·
Now that was dumb!
6,005 Posts
Well deserved Betty! Congratulations!

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,416 Posts
Sweet!! Congrats!!!

1 - 20 of 96 Posts