Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 rt there are only one cold air intake for my car in calif. and no throttle body for the car yet and the diablo does not work right cause of the change dodge made on the throttle body with the electronics so buyer beware I hade to send my ecm to diablo to get it reprogramed but the borla atek exhaust I put on sound great

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
I'm currently running a Diablo Trinity with my 2014 SRT and so far it is working great. I believe BBK and Modern Muscle both offer a throttle body that will work for the 2013 and newer cars. In fact you may want to check Hemifevers vendor section as I believe he is selling throttle bodies that he also tunes for.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no bbk does not offer anything yet as far as throttle body as the electronics are different on the 2014 then the 2013 the only way is to send it in and they will bore your throttle body out and send it back to you as far as the trinty goes I will have to wait for the up date to get all I can out of it. maybe the 2014 srt did not change the throttle body don't know about the srt

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Well you may be right on the 2014 throttle body as I haven't actually tried to put one on my SRT yet. I'm only going from some of the adds I've seen, here's a link to the throttle body on Hemifevers site that lists a Modern Muscle throttle body as 2013-present http://www.hemifevertuning.com/product_p/mm85-car-13.htm It may be worth a call to either hemifever or I'd probably call Modern Muscle since they make the TB and see what they have to say about the 2014.

Here's also a link to Speedlogix's add for a 13-14 TB (probably made by Modern Muscle also, but I'm not sure about that) http://www.speedlogixstore.com/product-p/mmhv2013.htm Of course that doesn't mean it will work, so again probably your best bet is to contact MM and see what they have to say.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool I will check it out and thnx oh so what are you using not the 91 or 93 what are you using? as diablo says its all good?

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
cool I will check it out and thnx oh so what are you using not the 91 or 93 what are you using? as diablo says its all good?
For the street I run the Diablo 91 tune with 93 octane fuel, when I go to the track I generally move up to the 93 tune but add either race fuel or sufficient Torco additive to bump my octane up several points higher. :smileup:

·
Registered
144 Posts
My 14 has the crappy K&N cai, I used the Jet180 stat, Diablo in tune DCX tuner, I run hopped up 91 tune on street, I have blasting bobs resonator delete, very low budget compared to other new muscle cars I've owned, car runs strong.
High 12 second car

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm told by the veterans the throttle body won't do squat until we open things up on the exhaust side, gotta get shorties or long tubes

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
I'm told by the veterans the throttle body won't do squat until we open things up on the exhaust side, gotta get shorties or long tubes
Check out some of Hemifevers threads in the Vendors section, he's done some custom tune work in association with adding the throttle body with good results. He has the dyno sheets to show the gains.

I ran a BBK 85mm TB on my R/T and was happy with the results but I know others didn't feel like it helped them, so perhaps the old saying applies "your results may vary".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts