Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2014 R/T wind noise?

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  bad8nti 
#1 ·
Hi,

1. Just wondering if any other 2014 R/T owners were experiencing this. It appears to be coming in where window meets the rubber. If that makes sense. They've replaced the strips and it helped some, but I still get some noise.

2. At 80mph I get a sort of whistle.. anyone?

Thanks in advance!
AJ:4-dontknow:

#2 ·
The only time I get any noise is if the passenger side window is not up all the way, it does not take much of a gap, just a hair and there is noise.Just noticed you have a 2014 with the 8 speed?

#3 ·
You should have ZERO wind noise, all I hear is the engine at 100 MPH.
And how did you get the 8-speed with a 2014? Do you have connections!!!!

#4 ·
I dont know if this apply to your problem but i had that wind-noice on my 2009 to, driving me nuts. Simple fix, it was that little black triangular-shaped plastic thing on the lower front of the passenger-window who had moved up a bit and the wind was leaking in.

#6 ·
The only time I get any noise is if the passenger side window is not up all the way, it does not take much of a gap, just a hair and there is noise.Just noticed you have a 2014 with the 8 speed?
6speed, obviously hit the wrong selection there. :)
Thanks... windows appear to be all the way up and the dealer already replaced the tracks. Better, but still get noise.

#9 ·
Just a suggestion. Take your car through a touchless car wash with your blower fan tuned on to at least midway. When the wash starts soaping down the car, watch around the perimeter of the window for larger bubbles. That should be your leakage and the source of your wind noise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.