Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Just bought my first Dodge a few weeks ago (2014 Plum Crazy Purple Shaker, 6spd, 3.92 rear, loads of factory options from power sunroof to track pack).

Questions:
What is the true story with the SCAT Packages? Can I buy a SCAT Package for my 2014 Shaker with the small 5.7 HEMI? I noticed that the new 2015 Shakers now come with the small 5.7 or big 6.4 HEMI and only the 6.4 HEMI equipped cars have the SCAT package options…according to the latest Dodge advertisements…right? I’m confused and Dodge is not making it easy to know if I can even purchase an have them install an upgraded SCAT package for my 2014 Shaker 5.7 HEMI equipped engine.

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Welcome to MoPar it always takes MoPar ages to get product to the counter for sale anyone never was that way in the Direct Connection days , but now best I can say is be patient .

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hi everyone. Just bought my first Dodge a few weeks ago (2014 Plum Crazy Purple Shaker, 6spd, 3.92 rear, loads of factory options from power sunroof to track pack).

Questions:
What is the true story with the SCAT Packages? Can I buy a SCAT Package for my 2014 Shaker with the small 5.7 HEMI? I noticed that the new 2015 Shakers now come with the small 5.7 or big 6.4 HEMI and only the 6.4 HEMI equipped cars have the SCAT package options…according to the latest Dodge advertisements…right? I’m confused and Dodge is not making it easy to know if I can even purchase an have them install an upgraded SCAT package for my 2014 Shaker 5.7 HEMI equipped engine.
The 5.7 Scat Packs are MOPAR engine upgrades that are not available yet, supposed to be released in June. The 2015 6.4 Scat Pack cars are seperate RT models/option packages that are factory built. They are two seperate things.

As an aside, for what you will pay for the 5.7 Scat Packs, you could get aftermarket at a third of the price, that will give you more of a performance increase. You just need to do a little research. The offical release is also very disingenuious with the wording on warranty. it says they don't void the factory warranty, not that the parts themselves are warrantied, which is something else to consider,as per the Moss?Magnason acts, no aftermarket parts automatically void factory warrenties, they have to show the part you installed caused the warranty claim problem. Caveat Emptor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts